What are you eating Sunday June 10 - Saturday June 16

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Craig made chicken marsala over pasta and I made green beans as a side for our dinner last night.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We tried a new Chinese place last night. I finally found a place that makes pretty decent food. Not as good as my favorite place that closed but close.

Dinner was a combo - pork egg foo young (the gravy was great), pork fried rice and egg roll. I also got wonton soup which I’m going to have for breakfast along with a coffee yogurt.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Son is for sure going to grill today.
In 102° temps with a sunburn.
It's already boiling outside.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
That heat's coming our way, Sass ! Could hit 100 tomorrow and Tuesday...
Chicken Thighs in the oven, Mashed and Broccoli.... Senor Cuervo hid my camera,,,

Chili something tonight, unless I can get the Warden to go out....

Chili Dogs, or Cincinnati Chili.....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
this is "lemon zest chicken" - refreshingly simple & crisp.
season/brown chicken, remove. add (arborio)rice, chicken stock, zest of lemon, parsley, juice of 1/2 lemon. bring to boil, put chicken back, steam til rice done - roughly 25 minutes.
This looks really good. Chicken, rice and lemon can't be wrong! I will have to try this in the near future.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
one advice - first time I did the lemon zest chicken I put the seared chicken in and steamed the whole thing done. that turned out a smidge too long for the chicken and it was a bit more doner than I like - the arbio+1 can of stock takes about 20-25 minutes - so now I hold off adding the chicken for about ten minutes....

(also depends on how cooked it got during the sear - so use your own judgement)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
one advice - first time I did the lemon zest chicken I put the seared chicken in and steamed the whole thing done. that turned out a smidge too long for the chicken and it was a bit more doner than I like - the arbio+1 can of stock takes about 20-25 minutes - so now I hold off adding the chicken for about ten minutes....

(also depends on how cooked it got during the sear - so use your own judgement)

How much rice and broth did you use? I use boxes of broth.