Calling VeraBlue

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
With all of the news about flooding in Louisiana, I have been wondering if any of it is affecting you or Red Gravy.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I live about half a mile from the river, and it's also about half a mile from the restaurant. I'm on high enough ground in both places that I'm not worried at this point. The river is the highest I've ever seen it, with pretty swft currents.
I'm more disturbed by the situation a bit more up river, where intentional flooding is about to happen.
Thanks for asking.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I am just glad you are OK. I have been worried. My heart goes out to the people that are going to be flooded. It all seems like some very difficult derisions have been and will hav to be made.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you are okay Vera, and all seems good so far.
The big muddy has a mind of it's own. I hope the engineers can redirect enough water to prevent major flooding in the cities, but that river has proven hard to tame over and over again. In the end the river always wins.
Please keep us posted of the situation in New Orleans.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The river is high and pretty much over it's regular banks just about everywhere. Lou and I ride on the levee all the time. Until recently, you'd have never seen the river licking the foot of the levees. Where we ride the river is about a quarter way up the levee. The levee is about a thousand yards from the regular banks so not only have the banks been breeched, but the water is about 5 feet deep on what used to be grass. People are fishing in it, and literally the fish are jumping up all over the place. In the quarter, the river is up the rock embankment just about 5 inches below the sidewalks.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I am, thanks. The area where both the house and restaurant are did not flood after Katrina....a tornado hit down the street once but, no, no flooding:wink: