Creepy Elf on a Shelf

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is true.

Today, I was looking through a box of very old family Christmas decorations and found a vintage "Elf on the Shelf". Hadn't seen him in many years.

I placed him in a sitting position on top of an old round green vase on a shelf. A few minutes later, I went to place a small vase on the shelf above the Elf, and he jumped off the vase, landing with his arms around the candle below him, one leg resting on the candle collar.
... I saw him do it.

I'm not touching that guy. Maybe ever.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_1696.JPG
    IMG_1696.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 99

Saliha

This sounds... yes, creepy. Instead of kind of restless elf, I could recommend these kind of creatures:

bdh5sIS.jpg

Those straw goats have been in our house for decades and they never haven´t run over the house... At least we haven´t seen them to go anywhere yet...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I suspect he jumped down to get closer to the bbq smell emanating from those trophies, or maybe he's just spooking you because he's po'd from being locked up in that darn box for so long :mrgreen:. If I were you, I'd probably lock my bedroom door at night just to be sure :yum:.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
... maybe he's just spooking you because he's po'd from being locked up in that darn box for so long :mrgreen:.

Cooksie, this was exactly my first thought!

Maybe I've got a Christmas Chuckie. Or Annabelle. Or like those little voodoo guys that sliced up Karen Black's legs.

(Maybe I should lay off watching scary stuff.)

Lee