Pork tenderloin

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Mt neighbor has decided to go the Vegan route. He's gifted me with two of these from his freezer...

He tells me that he would cut these into Filet Mignon's... My question is have any of y'all ever worked with this ? Suggestions ??

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
pork tenderloin is a splendid cut. it is the same muscle as beef filet mignon - but obviously from pork.... and it is the usual and customary suspect for "most tenderess" chunk - second, btw, is flat iron....

I have twice tried the 'pre-marinated' pork tenderloins (it was a on-sale thing....) and both times were disasters. apparently our tastes in marinates and flavoring does not fit within the mass market appeal.

hopefully yours will be better - I'd sear it "all around" in a hot pan then finish in a slow oven - 265'F - takes about 15-20 minutes from fridge temp - use a thermometer - don't cook past 130/135'F internal.

looks like:

Attachments

• DSC_3917.jpg
    DSC_3917.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,027
  • DSC_1899s.jpg
    DSC_1899s.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,017

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX, ChowderMan !

I'll follow your suggestion......... If they don't suit, well, they were a freebie, after all !

Dogboa

Ok, since it was free. Its probably just me, but I would never purchase an already marinated/flavored meat product. That question of "What are they trying to hide?", just pops in my head like a red flag.:confused:

Johnny West

Recently I got a Hormel tenderloin and steaked it out into big chops. I pan fried one like midwest tenderloin sandwiches and the other night fried some for the pork chop casserole.

Attachments

• ########Pork Chop MS.JPG
    ########Pork Chop MS.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 1,031