What's Cooking NCT Sun. 1/20/2013 to Sat. 1/26/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning on making meatballs and gravy. Served with Star Brand cheese raviolis, salad, bruschetta and garlic bread.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Wings, ribs, cut veggies with dip and homemade Italian Garlic bread while watching the BIG game GO FALCONS!!!! :w00t:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have some choices--chicken chili, chicken tortilla soup, or a version of Outback's creamy onion soup.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
No lunch today. I made a bunch of football food to munch on during the games. Decided on tater tots instead of chips.

Attachments

• italian-rolls.jpg
    italian-rolls.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 199
  • toasted-sub-rolls.jpg
    toasted-sub-rolls.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 202
  • veggies.jpg
    veggies.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 189
  • wings-ribs-tots.jpg
    wings-ribs-tots.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 202

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Made some baguettes then turned them into garlic toast to go with the chicken Parmesan, 5-cheese ravioli and broccoli for dinner.

Baguettes012013.jpg

Baguettes012013-2.jpg

Attachments

• Dinner 012013.jpg
    Dinner 012013.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 218

Embryodad

Tina can't say I don't take care of her while she's sick.

She ate two strands of Perciatelli, and one small bite of meatball.

She left the piece of the apple pie from the ones that they sell in the front of the store all stacked up on a table. I love those little pies.\

sicktray002_zpsc50641a3.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones meal plans sound great.

WOW all that food looks fantastic.

Well I ALSO made garlic bread, raviolis, meatballs and gravy and bruschetta. No pictures. Everyone was to hungry to sit still for picture taking. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Comfort food tonight. The corn was frozen near the end of the season, and was a real treat while the snow blew outside.

Dinner012113.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Cavatelli, meatballs and gravy topped with toasted seasoned bread crumbs and grated parmesan and romano cheeses

012113_cavatelli_P1090714.jpg

First run of the Coconut Custard Pie (waiting for it to cool)

012113_coconut_custard_pie_P1090713.jpg

Embryodad

Joe and peeps..... got up to look what's going on.

Grteat looking meals...

I,ve got the full blown flue..It's really bad; headache and fever and all, but not like they make sound to be. The people were put in a panick IMO.
So DD made chix soup and pumpkin pie and brought it over.

Goin back to the recliner.... DW just got out of bed a little today. Her teeth are sore, and I have fever blisters (sores) on my side of the tongue. LOL that'll keep me from eating. Even though I have no appetite.

Toodles all

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ah Jimmy...hope you get to feeling better soon. We both had flu shots so hopefully we'll be good to go.

Mmmmmm, that meatloaf looks good Joe!

Yum on the pasta Peepers! The pie looks delicious!

We had leftovers last night.

I've got a chuck roast in the pressure cooker. We'll be having mashed potatoes and peas to go with it.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
There is plenty leftover for a replay tomorrow night.

Attachments

• dinner01222012.jpg
    dinner01222012.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 189

Embryodad

Looks great Mama...

I can't wait to eat that stuff again. Once the belly problems get fixed...watch out! LOL...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Tonight's dinner - TSTAO's on SD - that's turkey, spinach, tomato, avocado, and onion on sour dough

Embryodad

Instead of Soup (again)...Tina suggested she would make me some flapjacks...
Didn't take any thought to say Y E S ! ...and she whipped me up 5 in 10 minutes. Man...did they hit the spot.

Embryodad

I forgot about this one today! Sick Sucks!
Well...Dear Tina was up at 7:30 this AM and Started cooking this nice ring of Fresh kielbasi...
Oooo! The kitchen smelled so good with the onions carmelizing.

I woke up....or I will say, finally stayed upright after the 5th time after pee...hahahaha

I was picking at the finished ring with a fork and knife.
I didn't eat it at all later in the day. I love it sliced cold on bread for a sandwich!

Here is the ring cooking before later adding the potato wedges.

kielbasa001_zps61cd7003.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you.

Everyone's food looks and sounds fantastic. Those mashies and gravy would hit the spot along with some of the kielbasa.

Breakfast - Two over easy eggs and toasted bakery seeded rye bread

012413_eggs_rye_P1090718.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Foil packet salmon with mango/avocado salsa, if the mango is ripe--we'll see, I usually don't like fruit on meat/fish, but this salsa sounds like it might be something that I'll like

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
BBQ pork shoulder steak tidbits, Spanish rice and pan fried potatoes tossed in buttered bread crumbs & Italian herbs. Oatmeal cookies for dessert.

Dinner012413.jpg

Embryodad

Boy!... Oh! Boy! .... That's some combination. Makes a great combo meal Joe!

Tina has a box of that Spanish rice in the closet. We haven't tried it yet. Geeze! I remember in school, years ago, they would serve Spanish Rice at the Cafeteria.
The kids sucked it up.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Fry up some little breakfast links and then dice them into 1" chunks. Start that spanish rice and after it is half done dump them sausages in. That is good eating. Have to get some more breakfast links as I used the last up a week ago.