What's cooking Sun. 9/15 to Sat. 9/21/2013

Embryodad

DW picked up a slice of pizza for me.
I was too busy to eat. Cleaning and servicing the pellet stove, and getting ready for the fall cooler weather.

Had some cheese and bread with hot peppers, but I think I will make some omelets.

DW is having pain bouts with her tummy; so she will just cool it for a day or so.

Maybe I will make some French Toast, and she can have some?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope Tina gets to feeling better Jimmy.

I made an eye of round roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and sliced tomatoes. I don't normally buy that cut because it's a little to tough for me but since Sam's had it marked down I decided to give ATK's method a try. It was wonderfully moist, tender and perfectly pink all the way through!

Attachments

• eyeofroundroast.jpg
    eyeofroundroast.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 124
  • dinner09152013.jpg
    dinner09152013.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 139

Embryodad

I made an eye of round roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and sliced tomatoes. I don't normally buy that cut because it's a little to tough for me but since Sam's had it marked down I decided to give ATK's method a try. It was wonderfully moist, tender and perfectly pink all the way through!

Thanks mama...

I made her toast and jelly for supper.

Your beef looks great. Bet it will make great sandwiches?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy and we'll find out tomorrow...it was a 5 pound roast :lol:

Embryodad

Thanks Jimmy and we'll find out tomorrow...it was a 5 pound roast :lol:
Ooooo! Get some seeded rolls, butter and toast them and slice the beef on a slicing machine, and have "Roy Rogers Roast Beef Sandwiches"... a little au ju and you'll be all set to go.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Yum! Could you fax me a plate... Please!!!

attachment.php

:readytoeat::readytoeat::readytoeat::readytoeat:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't have a slicing machine so I sliced it as best I could with my electric knife but the seeded roll, buttered and toasted is a wonderful idea!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks LS!

I have 2 spoiled dogs who always get to "clean the plates" so we have to have "extra".

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I was busy playing ham radio most of the day, so DW made one of my favorite meals.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

OH that looks fantastic Mama!! I ONLY roast eye rounds. I have never had a tough eye round roast. I think it has the best flavor. I actually picked up a couple eye rounds when I went shopping. Now I can't wait to roast one. I always make burgundy pan gravy with it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LS your brisket looks wonderful!!

Jimmy send my get well wishes to Tina.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I was busy playing ham radio most of the day, so DW made one of my favorite meals.

YUMMY Joe!!

I made 2 small meatloaves Saturday and we had 1 for dinner and the other one was meatloaf sandwiches and salad for dinner last night.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks like it was a beefy night last night. It all looks good to me! I wasn't very hungry, so I had a concoction sandwich--toasted French bread, mixed baby greens and spinach, avocado slices, all topped with sour cream/cucumber/dill sauce that I had leftover. It turned out to be a really good concoction.

Embryodad

I made supper primarily for Tina's wish!

I call it Meat Mush!
Actually made a meatloaf with grated bread and bread and more bread.
A pound of beef, but 60% bread.
She likes bready meatloaf...we had mashed taters with butter, and baby red beats we bought at Intercourse Canning in Intercourse,PA in Lancaster County.
:laugh:

y5uf.jpg

ycyx.jpg

v0v6.jpg

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Made a big pot of chili today. 1 lb. of our ground beef with onions, tomatoes, green peppers and mild hot peppers from the garden. Added chick peas and kidney beans from the cupboard. Was great and have plenty of leftovers for the next few days.

Attachments

• chili 002.jpg
    chili 002.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 106

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That looks GREAT too MM! We're back to the mid 80's for awhile. I can't wait for cooler weather when DH will want chili....but then again, meatloaf and minestrone soup sound good too.....I guess that's why I like the dinner thread so much, I get so many ideas.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I roasted a turkey breast last night. I just love that built in probe...set and wait for the ding. When I pulled it out of the oven, the skin was nice and crispy, and then I tented it :bonk:, a little too tight. I also made some cornbread dressing, yum! Pic is terrible. I was in a hurry :cooking:.

TurkeyBreast.jpg

Embryodad

Tina made supper while I was doing work on GD's Car.

She made cabbage and noodles... and for dessert, apple turnovers.

0bp3.jpg

3ygw.jpg

6o3d.jpg

24xc.jpg

Embryodad

I roasted a turkey breast last night. I just love that built in probe...set and wait for the ding. When I pulled it out of the oven, the skin was nice and crispy, and then I tented it :bonk:, a little too tight. I also made some cornbread dressing, yum! Pic is terrible. I was in a hurry :cooking:.

TurkeyBreast.jpg
Crispy skin...My Pick! Ummm!