Meet Georgie

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Because he is sooooooooooooo curious!! LOL Newest member of our family.

georgie.jpg

georgie_092912_1_P1090627.JPG

georgie_092912_2_ P1090636.JPG

georgie_102012_3_P1090647.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww, he is absolutely wonderful, Peep!

How'd you get him?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We saved him from the people who live behind us. he would escape from their house every chance he could get and come by us. He was always hungry so we would feed him. Very loving and purrs so loud. They had a dog they would beat and would leave it outside in rain and cold. He was always crying. Finally the town took him away. They had a black cat that they kept in the house till he was about a year old (not a cute little kitten any more) then left him outside winter and summer. This baby was left outside on the first freezing night we had. I took him in and let him out in the morning. Then he showed up with greasy smelly crap poured on him in a straight line from the top of his head down his back to his tail. It smelled like some kind of cleaning fluid or some such thing. To exact to be an accident. He also had his whiskers cut to almost nothing and the fur on his tail shaved off except the last couple inches at the end. I said they don't deserve this sweet baby and took him in 3 1/2 weeks ago. They left the day of the hurricane and left the black cat to fend for himself. We couldn't catch him when we were trying to beat the flood water and haven't seen him since. He was a beautiful all black cat with a little spray of white on his bib. He is just about a year old. I hope he shows up soon or is safe in someone house. I will never give this baby back. BTW he was a baby of a stray cat that and they took him from the mother. I have no clue what happened to the mom but I think I have seen the dad. We think he is a mix of tabby and maine coon. This baby sleeps under my chin at night. LOL I am allergic but a sucker for this little boy. Allegra is my new best friend. LOL

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
BTW he never uses his claws. He pats you on the leg, hand or face to get your attention. He just lost his 4 baby canines.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
He is a cute little fella. Wish you lived close as I won a free spay/neuter at the shelter summer picnic. Like I need another one. Would have been nice to have for the one in my basement that showed up here with a gunshot wound. Now he is all healed up and vetted and neutered. Wish I could find him a home as he can't seem to get along with our other cats.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
He is a cute little fella. Wish you lived close as I won a free spay/neuter at the shelter summer picnic. Like I need another one. Would have been nice to have for the one in my basement that showed up here with a gunshot wound. Now he is all healed up and vetted and neutered. Wish I could find him a home as he can't seem to get along with our other cats.
Where do you live?

K

Kimchee

Awwww, what a cutie! We have a Main Coon Tabby... I have decided
that Maine Coon makes cats big loveable laid back babies.
And what a lucky cat too... a big Gold Star to you for saving him!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Awwww, what a cutie! We have a Main Coon Tabby... I have decided
that Maine Coon makes cats big loveable laid back babies.
And what a lucky cat too... a big Gold Star to you for saving him!
Thank you. He is so sweet but a little demon LOL

He eats EVERYTHING except vinegar and sweets. He LOVES wheat thin veggie chips. LOL He love veggies strange cat. LOL

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
YIKES thanks for the offer though.
What? That's just a short drive to the other NY. You would freak out on real DIRT roads with horse and buggies everywhere. There is only ones traffic light in a 20 mile radius of here and it is in Pa. Most intersections on the dirt roads have yield signs if they have any at all. Nobody stops at the stops signs anyway. LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
What? That's just a short drive to the other NY. You would freak out on real DIRT roads with horse and buggies everywhere. There is only ones traffic light in a 20 mile radius of here and it is in Pa. Most intersections on the dirt roads have yield signs if they have any at all. Nobody stops at the stops signs anyway. LOL
I grew up on dirt roads in upstate NY (my 1 aunt owned property near Jefferson, NY and my greataunt's son owned the top of a mountain in Jeffersonville, NY) and back by the rez in Emerson, NJ. I ran around pastures with cows and sheeps most summers. Raw milk hot out of the cow!! NO such thing as TV and not much radio. I loved sitting in the window seat at dawn. Looking down the mountain side. The sun sprarkling off the dew laden pastures looked like a jewel studded patch work quilt with fog hanging over parts. BEAUTIFUL! My only not so happy memory was walking in on the slaughter of a cow at 10 years old. But Mr. Hossenfleu took me aside later and explained it all to me and I was ok later. AND I will always remember how good the taste of FRESH ground beef tasted. From cow to table in 3 hours.

Last edited:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
You would love my place then. We are on top of the mountain where you look into Pa. out the front windows and NY out the back. The only place you see from here is a farm 5 miles away in Pa. Have a 3/4 mile lane from the town road in the valley.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
You would love my place then. We are on top of the mountain where you look into Pa. out the front windows and NY out the back. The only place you see from here is a farm 5 miles away in Pa. Have a 3/4 mile lane from the town road in the valley.
I bet I would. I am sad how much my girls missed out on. Fresh food, air and well water so cold it could freeze your tonsils!! LOL

Ian M.

Peeps, Georgie is one gorgeous cat! You can certainly see the Maine Coon in him, too. We have one and they are the most loving and lovable cats in the world.....he'll love you unconditionally and thoroughly. How awful that
his previous owners were so cruel to him - to harm any animal, especially a new, defenseless baby, is the sort of thing people ought to be doing jail time for! If they should ever come back around, wanting their cat, just call the law on them, for sure! Kudos to you and your family for taking such good, loving care of him. He deserves you all and you deserve him, too.

Ian :applause::applause::applause:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What Ian said, ditto.

Geez, what a horrible rotten family your neighbors were! And how wonderful your family is, Peep!

Congratulations on your new addition! And keeping my fingers crossed that the poor black kitty is okay.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Awwww, what a great addition to your family Peepers and how sweet of you to take him in. It looks like he appreciates it too. Congratulations to all of you!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
He's beautiful! Lol, going by the size of that bell, I don't think you're ever going to have to wonder where he is.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL Thank you everyone.

That bell is gone. It was on the collar they put on him.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The black cat hasn't showed up yet :sad: The other 2 strays we feed are back.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
What Ian said, ditto.

Geez, what a horrible rotten family your neighbors were! And how wonderful your family is, Peep!

Congratulations on your new addition! And keeping my fingers crossed that the poor black kitty is okay.

Lee

picture.php

The black kitty showed up. But he is missing the fur right down to the bone on a 2 - 3 inch patch on one of his back paws and is scared of everything/everyone. But he does come back to eat if you leave it and go away. We watch through the window.

Georgie is into EVERYTHING!! And he talks back to me JUST like my girls. LOL He is so vocal. He ripped open the bag of potatoes and left teeth marks in one. NOTHING is safe. We are trying to teach him manners using a water bottle to give him a squirt when is doing something unacceptable. BUT I think he LIKES water!! :blob_blue:

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm glad to hear he's back Peeps. Hopefully with the good food you are feeding him his paw will heal up and not get infected.

We use a water bottle on our cats too when they misbehave. They still misbehave but run like the wind when they see the water bottle come out :lol:

Ian M.

Hi, Peeps - What you need to remember, when it comes to Georgie's bad behavior.....he was mistreated so badly and had to fight for everything he ever got from those horrible people who had him. It's basically all he ever knew. It's going to take some time to establish in his tiny kitty brain that he's safe and nothng will be taken away from him, nor will he ever have to fight for anything again in his life. Our Maine Coon acted that way when we first got him but it's been several months, now and he's begun to level off considerably. But the instinct to "grab it and growl" stays with him even yet. Georgie is younger and he'll become more comfortable with the idea of good manners getting him what he wants. As I said, it simply takes time to retrain habits learned being on his own, technically, from kittenhood.

Ian :biggrin:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hi, Peeps - What you need to remember, when it comes to Georgie's bad behavior.....he was mistreated so badly and had to fight for everything he ever got from those horrible people who had him. It's basically all he ever knew. It's going to take some time to establish in his tiny kitty brain that he's safe and nothng will be taken away from him, nor will he ever have to fight for anything again in his life. Our Maine Coon acted that way when we first got him but it's been several months, now and he's begun to level off considerably. But the instinct to "grab it and growl" stays with him even yet. Georgie is younger and he'll become more comfortable with the idea of good manners getting him what he wants. As I said, it simply takes time to retrain habits learned being on his own, technically, from kittenhood.

Ian :biggrin:
OH he doesn't grab and growl. He grabs and gives you the puss in boots eyes!! LOL As a matter of fact I don't think he has ever growled at us.

Ian M.

I thought Maine Coon cats liked water?

Ours sure doesn't - at least not if it comes out of a squirt bottle! He loves to go out and play in the rain but that squirt bottle has him running for cover every time..........

Ian