Cold Corn on the cob

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Have you ever tried cold corn on the cob? :eek: :yum: (that was my reaction when asked that).

We were grilling the corn out last weekend and my brother asked me what we do with the leftovers. He suggested trying it cold (after it's been cooked or grilled). He said it was every bit as good as it is hot. I thought he was crazy.....but I tried it. While I'm not ready to say it's as good as when hot, it is still tasty. You don't even have to add butter or salt, but I added some butter (actually country crock margarine) and really liked that. The butter does not all melt away. Very good eats. :D

If you try it let us know what you think of it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
:eek:

Wow, that's my reaction too! :yum:

Publix had fresh in the husk corn on sale here at 10 ears for 1.50.....15 cents an ear!!! I've still got a few ears left, soooooooo.....I guess I'll give this a shot. :w00t:

I'll report back once I've taken the plunge. :lol:

mhend

:eek:

Wow, that's my reaction too! :yum:

Publix had fresh in the husk corn on sale here at 10 ears for 1.50.....15 cents an ear!!! I've still got a few ears left, soooooooo.....I guess I'll give this a shot. :w00t:

I'll report back once I've taken the plunge. :lol:

Don't be afraid. It's really quite tasty! I thought everybody ate cold corn on the cob. :yum:

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I think it's great added to a salad...

As to leftovers, I freeze it for the winter. Lots of great uses from corn fritters to various soups. Adds that really nice snap. Also, I often grill my corn, either on the BGE or in the WFO, both of which can add just a hint of a smoke taste, something you can't get in store bought frozen corn.

K

Kimchee

Oh yeah, cold sweet corn is just as good as hot, to me! I don't generally butter or salt mine anyway...

and I have 4 big ears in the fridge right now just waiting for me, yum!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've become accustomed to eating just about anything cold.
Corn on the cob is no exception.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd nuke it & add some avocado butter with some lime juice, tabasco or chili powder. Or, make a cold salad or corn fritters.
Yep, we have done stuff like that with the left over corn, but never eaten it cold right off the cob. Have you eaten it cold right off the cob (cooked first of course)?

The sweetness seemed more prevalent to me when it's cold. I had another ear last night with dinner. Tasty.

Keltin, how did your test go?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I have to admit, I can eat pretty much anything cold that is originally served hot! Cold corn is just fine by me:bounce:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
my favorite disposition of left over corn on the cob is sliced off the cob into a salad.

that is , , , when I don't slice it off the cob and quickly reheat . . . .

PanchoHambre

I like it cold.. salad is a great bet too though. My cookout leftover salad is chicken, corn and whatever other veggies on hand in a basic coleslaw dressing

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well, I did it! :w00t:

It's actually really good. It's different as I'm used to hot corn dripping with butter, but this was good. Crisp and the sweetness of the corn was really obvious. Not sure I'll eat it cold a lot, but now that my eyes are open, I won't say never! :lol:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for reporting back Keltin. Very similar to my reaction, but I've had it cold 2 or 3 times now and really like it. Perfect for when you have some left over.