Which JUICER is the easiest to clean ?

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Not a citrus juicer, the kind that will juice carrots and apples.

I bought one many years ago, paid a lot for it, and gave it away when I couldn't get it clean enough and we started getting flies in the house.

Now DS says he wants to juice since The Naked Juices are costly to buy. If he doesn't use it a lot, it won't pay - that may be a separate discussion though ...

Anyway, which juicers do you recommend that are easy to clean? thanks

Shermie

Site Supporter
Not a citrus juicer, the kind that will juice carrots and apples.

I bought one many years ago, paid a lot for it, and gave it away when I couldn't get it clean enough and we started getting flies in the house.

Now DS says he wants to juice since The Naked Juices are costly to buy. If he doesn't use it a lot, it won't pay - that may be a separate discussion though ...

Anyway, which juicers do you recommend that are easy to clean? thanks

To me, ALL juicers may be hard to clean.

But the part that you must pay particular concern / attention to is the grater - the part that sits on the motor shaft and spins.

This part is known to hide small bits of food such as carrot shavings, that can be undetected and become breathing ground for bacteria to form and grow.

I use a stiff-bristled brush and hot soapy water to get at and remove this residue. The grater at the bottom of the spinning device, along with the screen around the sides get cleaned thoroughly when you do it this way.

The rest of the removable parts have smooth surfaces that can be cleaned easily. If you get a unit that it in white, you'll probably have to put a little bit of bleach in the wash water. This will help remove the orange stains caused by the carrots when making carrot juice.

Here's what mine looks like, BTW. :readytoeat:

Attachments

• Juiceman JM411 Juicer.jpg
    Juiceman JM411 Juicer.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited: