to those that want to leave

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this is just my feelings on this. take it with a grain of salt and please dont feel like you are being singled out.

i have felt like leaving this forum twice.

once when i first came here and i got into a heated discussion about something.(yes i can remember what it was about, no i dont remember who it was with; i have chosen to forgive and forget.)

i am a hot-headed,hard-headed,stubborn person. so instead of leaving, i just stepped back and took a look at the situation. i came back the next day with a positive attitude and let sleeping dogs lie.

the second time i wanted to leave was about a week and half ago, i got a pm that wasnt very nice. i just let it go and came to the conclusion that no matter what, there is going to be something you agree with on a forum(or life for that matter) and somethings you dont. i just chose to ignore what i didnt want to read.

ok enough of my ranting - for those who want to leave, please dont hesitate to come back. a family is only a family with all of its members. you are still part of the family. families fight,bicker and love---no matter what family is still family(online or otherwise)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thank you for putting this so well, Jeff. It's exactly how I feel about this forum. I think it might be easier for me than some others because I have a very large family so I know that you can't make everyone happy all the time. I also know that there isn't a single person in the world that I agree with 100% of the time and if there was, I'd probably find them very boring!:lol: So the few times I have been upset by someone or offended by a post, I try to remember I have surely upset or offended someone here a time or two.:sad:

And finally, I know that people I like a lot don't necessarily enjoy the same things I do and vice versa. So if NCT isn't another person's cup of tea, it doesn't mean they are wrong, or NCT is bad or we have been rejected. And even if it is someone I really, really like and will miss a lot, if they feel NCT isn't the right place for them, I know not to take it personally and to just wish them well.

FooD

I'm pretty thick skinned so nothing that goes on any of the forums I frequent affect me. I've been put down and called names on other forums. Not an issue for me.
Besides, if and when I decide to leave a forum for good, it's usually for other reasons and has nothing to do with actions of members or the admin.

Peace! :)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm pretty thick skinned so nothing that goes on any of the forums I frequent affect me. I've been put down and called names on other forums. Not an issue for me.
Besides, if and when I decide to leave a forum for good, it's usually for other reasons and has nothing to do with actions of members
or the admin.

Peace! :)

Hey! Same here! Grow a hide or just accept you're going to get hurt sometimes. :bonk:

BTW, love the avatar, and the story behind it!

PanchoHambre

oops posted response in wrong thread..

ok since I bumped it accidentally here are my toughts

I am sorry to see certain people leave. If someone does not gain anything from a forum then yes why should they stay

The getting so easily offended by posts I dont understand.

All day at work etc It is often necessary to hold your tounge keeping to niceties... how's the kids.. oh theyre cute.. nice day out... did you watch lost last night etc... blah blah because go forbid you had a real discussion or got caught off guard for a minute. Among friends it is nice to be able to let your hair down and not worry that any comment you make is going to be so heavily scrutinized. Also among friends you can voice your dislike of something someone says.

I am rarely put off by anything said here... on the rare occasion I was I replied with my opinion without any ill will towards the person I disagreed with.

The only other place I post regularly is PhillyBlog because there are alot of local issues to discuss and be informed on. There I am offended quite frequently as many of the issues are far more personal I will make my point but it is full of block headed bigots so at some point I just ignore them because there is no point beating a dead horse and on some of the issues there are things I would rather not share.

Still I prefer people to speak thier mind as long as attacks are not personal and vicious in nature. Just reading an opinion that differs from mine does not cause me anguish

Last edited:

chowhound

Don't ask me what's up with this vid, but I love this version of Wild Horses by The Sundays.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GvCslX4LA[/ame]

leolady

Wild horses could not drag me away...:alc:

I bet Ashen could!:brows:

I was trying to catch her last week, and I was wearing something that scared her to death. One minute I was hanging onto Ashen's mane, and the next minute I was flat on the ground trying to get the dirt off my face!

You gotta give horses their proper :respect: cause one scared mare can kick your ass!:blush:

Wart

Banned
i thought it was Gino Vanelli

I met him at a party.

This has me spooked. He was suppose to play YSU in the 70's, I forget if I was there. Lots of the concerts I worked in the 70's seem to run together.

The Stones Wild Horses was the flip side to ... Satisfaction? I remember my sister playing the hell out of A side, darned if I can remember what A side was.

PanchoHambre

I bet Ashen could!:brows:

I was trying to catch her last week, and I was wearing something that scared her to death. One minute I was hanging onto Ashen's mane, and the next minute I was flat on the ground trying to get the dirt off my face!

You gotta give horses their proper :respect: cause one scared mare can kick your ass!:blush:

LOL Leo.. I can picture this... what on earth were you wearing?

My dog was going nuts the other night... I looked outside and my neighbor was carrying in dry cleaning on hangers... giving a skinny little artist kid a hulking menacing profile to the dog LOL!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Okay!
How about we all get naked and PARTY ??

Irealize this attitude is about a page late, you know, friends, family and all, but I've been outa town!!