New sink faucets, say YAYY!

K

Kimchee

The plumbing challenged previous owner installed (or had installed)
a new sink and faucets before we bought this house.

For some reason, they installed them so that you had to twist them
in the opposite direction "normal" plumbing fixtures turn to go on and off...
very frustrating, and something hard to adjust to doing!

So I finally got around to replacing the faucets with a Delta ball style set.
Now I can turn water on and off even with dirty fingers, YAYYY!

A small thing, sure, but it's always nice to Get Er Done, succeed at
a bit of DYI, and not have to make 2 trips to the Fix It store for once, LOL!

TOOT! TOOT! <---- that's my horn. ;)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Congrats, Kimchee!!! I love it when I get something fixed or replaced that will make everyday chores better and easier. And you definitely get double points for plumbing - plumbing is scary!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
If you have any more of those "backward" faucets still in use, you can generally reverse them by moving a washer inside.

High Cheese

Saucier
We just replaced our 20+ year old faucet. Finally we can fill our 20qt stock pot without using the garden hose! lol We got a nice looking one from Lowes for under $100, couldn't believe that.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We just replaced our 20+ year old faucet. Finally we can fill our 20qt stock pot without using the garden hose! lol We got a nice looking one from Lowes for under $100, couldn't believe that.
is it a goose neck or one of the pull out types? i have to clean/fill some of my bigger pots in the tub!! the fact that my sink is a double one and in AVOCADO enamel gives you a hint at how small my sinks are. LOL hub won't let me replace till this is dead and i just can't kill it and i have tried!! :yum:

High Cheese

Saucier
AVOCADO enamel

:huh: :yum:

Tell him avocado enamel went out with tail fins!

The one we bought is a goose neck. I'm not really a fan of those pull-out jobs, they look too bulky. Looks like this one, but ours was something like $89.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=80938-72981-P99500&lpage=none

034449559676.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
:huh: :yum:

Tell him avocado enamel went out with tail fins!

The one we bought is a goose neck. I'm not really a fan of those pull-out jobs, they look too bulky. Looks like this one, but ours was something like $89.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=80938-72981-P99500&lpage=none

034449559676.jpg
very nice!! i love the handles!! it came with the side sprayer? i'd like a goose neck with the built in sprayer function (is there such a thing?) we have one of those rubber push on the faucet types which decides to pop off the faucet at the most inopportune times. :mrgreen:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I love being able to fill huge pots at the sink! I got this IKEA faucet, except mine is the super tall version, from ebay when I re-did my kitchen and it's one of my favorite things.

Attachments

• faucet.jpg
    faucet.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 188
K

Kimchee

I just use the sprayer attachment to fill big pots. :)

And goodness, I have water pressure at the sink again! Neato.

Sadly, I have a 1 barrel sink. HATE single sinks like this, but to keep
it centered under the window, due to the dishwasher location, a 2
barrel sink would have tiny compartments. Oh well.

High Cheese

Saucier
Yes, my faucet came with the sprayer. We didn't replace the sink so the hole was already there, and installing a soap dispenser seemed like a bad idea. I had visions of using it first, then a soap bottle would wind up on the sink anyway. lol

Sadly, I have a 1 barrel sink. HATE single sinks like this, but to keep
it centered under the window, due to the dishwasher location, a 2
barrel sink would have tiny compartments. Oh well.

Ahh, man....those split sinks suck IMO. We had one in an apartment a few years back. Do you know how many wine glasses I broke on the divider? It's supposed to be useful filling one side with soapy water I guess. But it never worked out that way. I like just a big ol sink. Big enough to throw a rack of ribs in to clean them, or a turkey or chicken. One of those 60/40 or whatever sinks might be ok.