Chanterelle Pie

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saliha, I am copying this in a new thread, so it won't get lost.

Lee

Saliha's Chanterelle Pie

Dough:
150 g butter
3 dl wheat flour
0.5 dl milk
0.5 tsp salt

Filling:

1/2 liter chanterelles (or other mushroom)
1 onion
200 g ham (cubed)
1/2 medium size zucchini (grated or fried)
1.5 dl cream or sour cream
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
fresh or dry herbs (I used basil and sage)
mozzarella cheese, grated

Mix butter and flour by your fingers. Add the milk, stir quickly into a dough. Spread evenly in a greased baking dish.

Fry the chanterelles/mushrooms and chopped onion in oil in a pan. Cube ham. Grate or fry zucchini. Season with white pepper, salt and herbs. Mix filling ingredients. Add filling to the dish.

Mix cream/sour cream and egg. Pour over the filling. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake at 225 degrees C/437 F for 25 - 35 minutes.

Note: I would like to add also garlic but my family dislikes its taste.

Attachments

• chanterelle pie.jpg
    chanterelle pie.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 189

Saliha

Chanterelle vegetable pie

twPy3Qb.jpg

Dough:
150 g butter
3 dl wheat flour
0.5 dl milk
0.5 tsp salt

Chanterelle filling:

1/2 liter chanterelles (or other mushroom)
1 onion
200 g ham (cubed) (in this pie hadn´t ham but add it if you like)
1.5 dl cream or sour cream
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
fresh or dry herbs (I used basil and sage)
mozzarella cheese, grated
(1 sliced tomato on the top)

--------------------------

Vegetable filling:
Note: This gratinated vegetables is separate food. Make it first and use only half of it to the pie (or that much you need to fill your pie, half of chanterelle filling and half of vegetable filling for example). It´s tasty
also as a side dish with meat, fish or bread and salad.

1 zucchini
1 broccoli or 2 kohlrabi
1 cauliflower
3 tomatoes

Cheese Sauce: 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
0.5 dl wheat flour
5 dl milk
3 dl grated cheese (approx. 150 g)
0.5 tsp salt
0.2 tsp nutmeg (if you like it)
white pepper

Cut the zucchini into thin slices, so that it will cook in the oven. Remove the broccoli and cauliflower florets and chop the stems. Boil the cabbage side until done in salted water. Drain well. Cut the tomatoes into wedges. Put all the vegetables in an ovenproof dish mixed up. Prepare the cheese sauce. Melt the margarine in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for a minute. Add the milk and stir the sauce until smooth. Cook the sauce, stirring until it thickened. Add the grated cheese and spices. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and cook at 200 degrees C for 20-30 minutes.(Source: https://www.yhteishyva.fi/reseptit/gratinoidut-kasvikset/042094 )

---------------

Making dough: Mix butter and flour by your fingers. Add the milk, stir quickly into a dough. Spread evenly in a greased baking dish.

Fry the chanterelles/mushrooms and chopped onion in oil in a pan. Cube ham. Grate or fry zucchini. Season with white pepper, salt and herbs. Mix filling ingredients. Add filling to the dish.

Mix cream/sour cream and egg. Pour over the filling. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake at 225 degrees C/437 F for 25 - 35 minutes.

Note: I would like to add also garlic but my family dislikes its taste.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One of these days, I'm going to make this! With chanterelles, ham, zucchini and tomato.

It looks absolutely wonderful!

Lee