What are you doing today?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
It only took me a month to get down there, but I finally got a pair of rubbers :D. They're snazzy little things, okay not little but still snazzy. Posed and ready for action:

Boots.jpg

I have a feeling they're going to be pretty hot, but I'll take hot over a snake bite any day. We have rat snakes, among other varieties, around here. I read, don't know for sure if it's true or not, that they don't just strike, release, and pull back. They strike and gnaw :ohmy:.

cute boots! wellies would be my own fave. weather chooses shoes & boots that we have.
ignore broken dish. my meowers were involved in that one.

Attachments

• my kitch.jpg
    my kitch.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 154

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
fergot 'bout my uggs....... luv those boots.

Attachments

• my uggz 2014.jpg
    my uggz 2014.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 155

Johnny West

There should be a thread just for boots.

I took the second batch of relish out of the bath and will get on some pictures. There are several places I want to post them so this may take awhile.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my pal rang me to see if we could visit later tonite. he so better bring me food.
he makes yummy food. not as yummy as food i make, though.

Embryodad

Today was wash laundry day.
Tina put these little pillows filled with perfumed beads in my dresser drawers.
The perfume smell got into all my white tee shirts, and drawers.
I had to wash everything to get rid of that smell.
I am fussy with perfumes and stuff on my clothes. I even have my own bath towels, and hide them from the laundry so's that they don't get any of the fabric softener sheets from the dryer. I itch and sneeze with that fabric softener, and I LIKE my towels scratchy. LOL

All done now, and all I got to do is fold them. I got the three drawers on the dresser open so the perfume smell goes away first.

Tina says I'm a weird duck but I don't care. LOL

Embryodad

Today...gotta clean out and scrub kitty poopy boxes with lysol.

then... Weed Whack near the fence line (in the front only ) ...

then... have a brew, and take a break (s) LOL

then... Check Mommy Tina's Car and load the coolers in the trunk for her trip to the Farmers Markets In PA. with my cousin. and Shopping at the restaurant supply, and then...all the dollar stores.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm working on a second batch of corn relish, using the Blue Ball recipe. The local sweet corn has been excellent this year.

Hopefully there will be some pictures later. I'm already tired but it's a labour of love.

Do show us the pics and please post the recipe too, I love corn relish.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been working on my bathroom project. After hearing the quote from the plumber yesterday, I realized that I may not be able to swing a new tub :( . The installation cost is unbelievable...almost twice the cost of the tub :ohmy: .

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Going to fire up my dump truck and unhitch the lowboy trailer. Need to haul a few loads of dirt. Then it is move on to brush hogging some of the jungle around here.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The handle on my toilet just broke right off. Everything is going to he11 in there. So...I googled "how to fix a broken toilet handle" and came up with one way. Someone tied dental floss to the arm, ran the floss out the hole, and tied a stick to the floss, lol.

I think a trip to Lowe's is in order. It doesn't look difficult to fix. I'm going to try anyway.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm getting suddenly-announced company. i declined to get lunch w/ him, tho said he could visit me.

Embryodad

The handle on my toilet just broke right off. Everything is going to he11 in there. So...I googled "how to fix a broken toilet handle" and came up with one way. Someone tied dental floss to the arm, ran the floss out the hole, and tied a stick to the floss, lol.

I think a trip to Lowe's is in order. It doesn't look difficult to fix. I'm going to try anyway.
It's easy. Looking at like 3.99 to 5.99 .....

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Most are left hand thread for the big nylon nut to hold the handle in the tank. You will need to set the chain length for proper flapper action.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Did a little weed whacking around the barnyard but the heat was too much to pressure wash like I wanted to do. Cut out 18 scroll work 2X4's for a gazebo my Amish neighbor built. Been feeling real bad the past few days and the heat and humidity just makes it worse. Back to the hospital for more labs tomorrow so they can figure out what is wrong. Waiting on a nasty line of storms that are almost here. Warning are up everywhere for bad weather.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:mrgreen: I can handle $3.99. Going to get a new one this evening.

And yep, figured out the nut thing last night when I took it off :blush: .

Hope you get to feeling better real soon, MM!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Storm yesterday really tore some trees up in places and dumped a hell of a lot rain in a short time. Passed a lot of town and county trucks hauling gravel to fix washouts. My lane did pretty good and only lost a little bit at the very end where it is steep.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A heavy rain came through here too. Big drops. Didn't last long. I was 5 miles from home when I ran into it. Had to put wipers on high and still could not see well, so I slowed down. Then I drove out of it. pavement was dry. Got home and wife said it sprinkled there but that was it. Crazy weather.

Embryodad

A heavy rain came through here too. Big drops. Didn't last long. I was 5 miles from home when I ran into it. Had to put wipers on high and still could not see well, so I slowed down. Then I drove out of it. pavement was dry. Got home and wife said it sprinkled there but that was it. Crazy weather.
There's been a lot of crazy crap going on. Weather / People / Cooking / you name it! LOL LOL

Embryodad

Just came from the next door neighbors.
He wanted help doing a Head Gaskets Job, on a 2006 Audi A-6 Quatro 3.2L that he got from a friend for (You ain't gonna believe this) $350.00

His friend took it for Tires and a Oil Change at a Jiffy place, and two days later, he was driving and smoke was pouring out. He thought it was the Head Gasket, and so he just got rid of the car, and my neighbor had it towed to here.

It sat a few months; and so today I went over to do a survey. the oil dip stick was broken in two pieces, and I said,"Lets check the oil level!" I used a wire coat hanger, and the oil level was half way up the wire.:bonk:

I told him, No head gasket needed, someone put way too much oil in the engine......:yum:
We drained out 13 (Thirteen) Quarts of Oil....:oops: The car only takes 6.5 Quarts with the filter change....

SOOoooo! He's got a $7800.00 worth of a car ( On today's Market Price ) for $350.00 plus an oil change which we did in the driveway.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That was a steal of a deal for the neighbor, Jimmy. That little story makes me re-think the whole Jiffy Lube thing.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
that's amazing. as I dimly recall, JiffyLube has a meter they "set" for the specified amount of oil....

that they did not 'pick up' on 'we filled but it ain't on the stick' - crazy.

had a 1990 Quattro - the all wheel drive is one of - if not the - best on the market.

that car did 350k miles in 16 years - nothing other than routine maintenance - before the electrical system blew up....

Embryodad

that's amazing. as I dimly recall, JiffyLube has a meter they "set" for the specified amount of oil....

that they did not 'pick up' on 'we filled but it ain't on the stick' - crazy.

had a 1990 Quattro - the all wheel drive is one of - if not the - best on the market.

that car did 350k miles in 16 years - nothing other than routine maintenance - before the electrical system blew up....
At Jiffy Lube and those other places, they are told to be sure the oil installed and the stick checked. Well from what we could figure, when the mechanic pulled ot the broken stick, he looked and figured the oil wasn't injected from the auto measure machine, and so he reset and filled up again. We measured the oil and it was exactly 12.5 Qt's plus 1/2 Qt. in the filter. The filter was a No Name Brand. Just a white spin on.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Went for another echogram of my heart this morning. They want to see how bad the fluid is around it. At least the cafeteria has a great cheap breakfast! Came home and started pressure washing my equipment to grease it. Got everything but the backhoe done. The heat was too much for me today. Will do it in the morning.

Embryodad

Didn't feel too good this morning. Had heart palpitations ...and got a little anxiety nervous.
I was like...Oh Crap. ( and I did say another word) .
I leaned forward and took my meds, and let out a giant belch. That was it...
I laughed and felt better instantly.
SOOOooooooo! Outside I went, and jumped on the tractor, and cut the grass.
I was glad; because we are supposed to get storms tonight and tomorrow.

Tina said...so what, don't cut the grass till Sunday. I said, Dear...when the grass comes up to your ankles...Its way over time to cut it. lol lol

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Was pressure washing some things and we lost power so no water or a/c. Ran the bush hog along the lane and it was still off. Went and got a hoagie for lunch and after 2 hours it was back on. By then it was so hot I just stayed in the a/c. I lay down in bed with my feet up on pillows to help get rid of fluid. No word yet from the doc on tests or what to do.:glare:

Embryodad

Was pressure washing some things and we lost power so no water or a/c. Ran the bush hog along the lane and it was still off. Went and got a hoagie for lunch and after 2 hours it was back on. By then it was so hot I just stayed in the a/c. I lay down in bed with my feet up on pillows to help get rid of fluid. No word yet from the doc on tests or what to do.:glare:
Everybody is different...but my buddy Gerry is only allowed so much water / fluids a day.
He has to check his weight to monitor how much fluid is in his body.
I guess it is a good way to check for retaining fluid.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

they advised me to not elevate, as that allows fluid to gather near your ticker.
damn u, auto-correct. be well, muley.
okay. time to watch t.v. & take a night to relax. maybe i should hire a maid.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Not a word yet from the docs. Going to finish greasing my equipment for winter. Need to dig 4 post holes to expand my wood shed. My sweet corn is finally starting to be ready so I will pick a few ears for supper. Need to mow again since the grass sure is growing with the heat and rain we had.