Yogurt Pound Cake

Cooksie

Site Supporter
IMG_6675.jpg

Recipe is out of a Southern Living cookbook and straight from Ethel :mrgreen:.

I used Great Value Vanilla Bean yogurt, left out the lemon rind, and didn't put any powdered sugar on it. One of the reasons that I like it so well is because it's not real sweet.

IMG_6734.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you cooksie.

Did you use regular or thick Greek yogurt?

I will probably play with the recipe. Using homemade yogurt and cocoa powder.

The chocolate glaze and coconut cream look interesting. LOL

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've never heard of this cake before, but it sure looks good!! I may try it. Thanks for the recipe!! :wow::cooking:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thank you cooksie.

Did you use regular or thick Greek yogurt?

I will probably play with the recipe. Using homemade yogurt and cocoa powder.

The chocolate glaze and coconut cream look interesting. LOL

Regular yogurt - I bet you can come up with something to make a chocolate/yogurt pound cake, and I'm going to bet it will be cooked in your new Instant Pot. Experimenting is sometimes what makes cooking so exciting and rewarding.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Regular yogurt - I bet you can come up with something to make a chocolate/yogurt pound cake, and I'm going to bet it will be cooked in your new Instant Pot. Experimenting is sometimes what makes cooking so exciting and rewarding.

LOL I don't have a bundt pan that will fit in my Instant Pot. I do have mini loaf pans I may try. I haven't tried making a regular cake in the IP yet. The cheesecake turned out good.

I am looking at several cheesecake recipes. Mostly Chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake recipes. Most call for milk chocolate which is to sweet for me. I am looking to mix and match till I find something we like. I want to use dark chocolate/high cocoa % chocolate for frosting/topping. Also would like to try making a pumpkin cheesecake. The good thing about the IP is I can make small cakes to test. That way it's not to much waste if it's a fail.

But I have a 10 cup bundt pan (not sure of the inches) that I can use in regular oven.

Is the rule of thumb: Only fill cake/loaf pan 2/3 full?

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Is the rule of thumb: Only fill cake/loaf pan 2/3 full?

I don't know. I've never had a bundt pan overflow. Maybe one of the true bakers on here, which doesn't include me :mrgreen:, will know the answer.

Nutella and peanut butter cheesecake sounds good to me.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
One mo' time

IMG_6737.jpg

I think I figured out what I did wrong the second time. I didn't let it cool completely, so it stuck to the pan. I guess I was in a hurry to get the pan washed and the kitchen clean. This time I cooled it on a wire rack for the full 15 minutes, and it came out perfectly.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Recipe is out of a Southern Living cookbook and straight from Ethel :mrgreen:.

Now I'm going to have this song stuck in my head for the rest of the day...Oh yes they call him the streak, look at that, look at that...Don't look Ethel...Is that you Ethel, what do you think you're doin' Ethel :yum: