Poached John Dory Sole

AllenOK

My other weekend special. For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the sauce.

I skinned and portioned the sole into 6 - 7 oz portions. I rolled the fillet strips up for presentation, but this does lengthen the cooking time. My Chef really like the rolled bit, that is, until we got the bulk of our orders in at once, and I got popped. Luckily, Friday is the only night we're running these specials, as we have two different Table D'Hote menus going out tonight.

To poach the fish, I made a court-bouillion of some of my homemade veggie stock, lots of white wine, and some whole garlic cloves. I poached the fish in this until done.

Sides are my sauteed veg-med, and our wild rice blend. The sauce, which I can't remember the name of, is just sauteed shallots, deglazed with white wine, then added some cream. Reduce until thickened. At the last minute, add some halved red grapes. Spoon the sauce over the fish, garnish with chives, and out we go!

2009specialentreejohndovv9.jpg

The Tourist

Banned
Do you have a way to ship perishable food through-out the USA?

Because if your food can make it to Wisconsin, I think I know of a way we can keep your knives sharp...

AllenOK

Do you have a way to ship perishable food through-out the USA?

Because if your food can make it to Wisconsin, I think I know of a way we can keep your knives sharp...

Yep, sure do.

chirp-chirp-chirp-chirp Enterprise, one to transport directly to Wisconsin.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here! However, man they got some great food!! Let's beam that up too!"