Scrambled Egg & Dill Pickle Sandwich

Domestic Goddess

Scrambled%2BEgg%2Band%2BDill%2BPickle%2BSandwich%2B002.JPG

Scrambled Egg & Dill Pickle Sandwich

2 large eggs
several dashes pepper (See *Note)
1 tablespoon butter
2 slices of bread, lightly toasted (See *Note)
2 tablespoons Hellmann's Mayonnaise, divided
1-1/2 teaspoons French's Honey Mustard
2-3 slices Vlasic Sandwich Stackers Kosher Dill Pickles (See *Note)

Place eggs in a bowl; sprinkle in a few dashes of pepper, then scramble eggs with a fork. (Do not add any milk to the eggs!)

Heat butter in an 8-inch non-stick skillet, then add the scrambled eggs to it.

Cook eggs till lightly browned on one side, then turn eggs over, and cook till eggs are lightly browned on other side.

While eggs are cooking in skillet, spread one tablespoon of mayonnaise onto one slice of toasted bread. Then top the bread with 2-3 slices of Vlasic Sandwich Stackers Kosher Dill Pickles.

Spread the other tablespoon of mayonnaise onto the other slice of toasted bread. Top bread with the honey mustard; spread with butter knife, then place on top of other toasted bread (which already has the cooked eggs and sliced pickles on top). Enjoy!!

*Note: In place of black pepper, you could use McCormick's Hot Shot!, it's a blend of black & red pepper, or you could use Lawry's Seasoned Pepper. In regards to the bread (when making the sandwiches), I have used white, split top wheat, and oat bran. Choice of bread is up to you! *As for the pickles, you could use GEDNEY'S DILL PICKLE PLANKS, in place of the Vlasic Sandwich Stackers.

SANY4979.JPG

Additional photo of sandwich being assembled together.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just stumbled upon this post.

Since I love dill pickles in or on almost everything, this sounds good to me. But I prefer fluffy scrambled eggs.

I'll try this with Eggbeaters, which I eat almost every weekday morning.

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, thanks for trying it and posting it, Sass - great pic!

Lee

Ankit_ku13

Scrambled Egg & Dill Pickle Sandwich​

Ingredients:​

• 4 large eggs
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons butter or oil
  • 4 slices of bread (your choice of bread, toasted if preferred)
  • Dill pickles, sliced
  • Dijon mustard (optional)
  • Fresh dill, chopped (for garnish, optional)

Instructions:​

1. Scramble the Eggs:
    • In a bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Cook the Eggs:
    • Heat butter or oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet and scramble them until cooked to your desired level of doneness.
  3. Assemble the Sandwich:
    • Place a generous portion of scrambled eggs on a slice of bread.
  4. Add Dill Pickles:
    • Layer dill pickle slices on top of the scrambled eggs. Adjust the quantity based on your preference for pickle flavor.
  5. Optional Mustard:
    • If desired, spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on another slice of bread before placing it on top of the pickles.
  6. Complete the Sandwich:
    • Top with the second slice of bread to complete the sandwich.
  7. Slice and Garnish:
    • Optionally, slice the sandwich in half diagonally for easy handling. Garnish with fresh chopped dill if desired.
  8. Serve:
    • Serve your Scrambled Egg & Dill Pickle Sandwich immediately, and enjoy the combination of creamy eggs and tangy pickles.

This sandwich combines the richness of scrambled eggs with the zesty crunch of dill pickles, creating a delightful and unique flavor profile. Feel free to customize by adding other condiments or ingredients according to your taste preferences.