My world and welcome to it

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, how the mighty have fallen:sad:..1313 Mockingbird Lane is in the ether at the moment, and this shell is all I've got at the moment.

This is the hallway outside my bedroom
June2010001.jpg

boxes outside the bathroom, end of that same hallway
June2010002.jpg

Coco's old bedroom
June2010003.jpg

Living room - pink blanket on the chair is about the only familiar thing left to Max
June2010004.jpg

Looking into the dining room
June2010006.jpg

I remember so many beautiful table settings here....

June2010008.jpg

The foyer - all that crap on my beautiful hardwood floor
June2010012.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That's kinda sad. Pretty soon the movers will show up, the action will begin :bounce: , and you won't have time to be blue. Hang in there.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Remember that a Butterfly goes into an ugly cocoon and comes out beautiful. This is necessary for you to follow your dream. Hang in there Vera.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umQP48WJRTE[/ame]

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I dont think Elvis likes sand on his skin....

Thanks for the notes!! I just want this moving mess to be over!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It will all be worth it in the end! Hang in there...it will be over before you know it. You only have a week left before the movers come, don't you?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Movers come on the 9th. Lou is leaving with my car on either the 11th or 12th, I'm on a flight on the 13th. Movers arrive in New Orleans on the 14th!

I can stay with my husband and his girlfriend after the movers pick up the house....but I hate to disrupt Max any more than I have to. Not sure what I'll do around here after the movers come, though...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Movers come on the 9th. Lou is leaving with my car on either the 11th or 12th, I'm on a flight on the 13th. Movers arrive in New Orleans on the 14th!

I can stay with my husband and his girlfriend after the movers pick up the house....but I hate to disrupt Max any more than I have to. Not sure what I'll do around here after the movers come, though...

He's a sweetie. That's a long arse haul in a car that I sure wouldn't want to do. He might need some special treatment when he arrives :whistling:.

Meme4251

Your doing just fine dear VB....:) You and Lou will be settled before you know it....Thinking of you both............:heart:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
He's a sweetie. That's a long arse haul in a car that I sure wouldn't want to do. He might need some special treatment when he arrives :whistling:.

I get the added bonus of flying with a cat for the first time...manhandling her in and out of the carrier, getting to the new house, and letting her loose in there with no litter box!

I'd like to have a bottle of champagne ready for when he arrives, but I don't know where the closest liquor store is. I'll look into that.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck with everything Vera. One step at a time and you'll be there and settled in before you know it. Cheers!!!!! :beer: :thumb: :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Whoa! Max has filled out quite nicely!!!

She's got, what, two black toes? VERY cute cat!

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, I hate showing you these pictures....but I promise that soon I'll have something nice for you to look at again!! Max has one black toe, the other is white!

New blog is up, by the way....click on the link in the signature! Enjoy, because surely someone should get some laughs out of this situation!

Meme4251

Been following your blog first thing every morning...Have really enjoyed being able to follow your new journey. Your a terrific girl VB! :applause:

smoke king

Banned
At the risk of being thought of as a pig, in the 5th picture down, there is a picture sitting on a chair.

Errrrr, any plans for that?:brows:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Smoke, I got that picture as a BDSM weekend several years ago...it's been hanging in my room ever since. I have one of myself, similar in style, different in colour and technique. I've never hung it because this was the house my children live(d) in. My plan is to get that one framed as well, and hang them above the coffin in the sun room.

So sorry I cannot offer it to you at this time:wink: Would you like to come visit it?????:whistling:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
May I make a suggestion ..................... pack the TP last!! LOL

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You have a coffin?

I do...it's theatrical in nature - black with pink satin interior. It has the type of lid that comes off, rather than hinged. It was made for my 40th birthday party - theme was a New Orleans Jazz Funeral. It's only taken me 8 years to find a room to put that coffin in.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I do...it's theatrical in nature - black with pink satin interior. It has the type of lid that comes off, rather than hinged. It was made for my 40th birthday party - theme was a New Orleans Jazz Funeral. It's only taken me 8 years to find a room to put that coffin in.
And that room is in NOLA? :lol:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Currently, it's been stored in my garage. Where, other than New Orleans, would a coffin fit nicely in a sun room???

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Vera, we flew to Mexico four years ago with two cats, one in each carrier, and they let us put them under the seat. Actually, Jerry bought an additional seat just for the cats, so we could put the carriers on the seat between us while we were in flight. It worked great. But, the cats were so scared, they never made a sound. We bought a foldable, disposable cat littler box that fit in a suitcase, and just popped it open when we got to where we were going...look around and see if they still have them! Looks like a folded cardboard box, and it already has litter in it.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Karen, your cats didn't have to be quarantined? Is that only when bringing animals into the States?

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
No, QSis, they didn't have to be quarantined, but they did require an international health certificate. They needed to be certified healthy within 3 days of our flight, and have all their vaccinations up to date. The Mexican customs people checked the certificates very carefully, as well as the cats. Oh, and Vera - be prepared to take Max out of his carrier when you go through airport security. They'll want to check and make sure he is not a kitty bomb. Really. I was afraid one of cats would bolt and end up living in the Portland airport for the rest of his life, so they took us into a little side room to take him out of the carrier. They were very accommodating about it.

Actually, animals don't have to be quarantined coming into the states, either. Just the same international certificate. We know lots of people who rescue street dogs and cats and take them back to the US with them. No problem.

Last edited: