Whats the meal plan for 8/22/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Good early morning to anyone that is awake at this moment and Good day to everyone else!!

I made my sesame noodles (they taste better cold the next day), my chicken legs & wings are waiting to brine & then marinade (probably an asian flavor to compliment the noodles. I think I will roast them, then either under the broiler or grill on stove-top haven't decided yet to add a little color & flavor), cauliflower, broccoli, baby red & yukons & mushrooms need to be used so maybe roasted veggies.

Do you have any plans?

Phiddlechik

Big plan for the day was to make french toast and bacon for breakfast. Our son is leaving for college today. well, his band played last night, and he's not home yet!!!!!!!!
so, I'll continue to to make breakfast and send him a text when it's done.
Left over grilled chops, corn on the cob for later.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Penne with meatballs and a salad. Not sure what dessert is. I have to walk to the patisserie for bread. I fear something may catch my eye in there.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We had a good breakfast/brunch - fluffy pancakes, bacon and eggs. Tonight, we are going to a "wake" for our friend Larry, in Puerto Vallarta. Don't know the customs here that well (his wife is Mexican), so if there is no food, we will get a bite to eat somewhere in Vallarta afterward. Sad day.

Phiddlechik

Son and bandmate made it for breakfast, and headed back to college...
Empty nest, for a week, until he comes back for another gig this weekend.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We are having a hell of a t-storm!! Hope we don't lose the power!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Roasted Chicken legs & wings (soaked in salt water then marinated in sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, grated fresh ginger, grated fresh garlic, Splenda brown sugar and sesame seeds), sesame noodles (the family is addicted to these noodles!!), steamed cauliflower, broccoli & carrots, tomato salad and bean salad (that needed to be used).

wings_082210_P1060212.JPG

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Caesar Salad

August2010082.jpg

Penne Pomodoro with Meatballs
August2010083.jpg

I picked up two cupcakes from the patisserie this morning. I got a loaf of semonlina bread and 2 cupcakes. $10.40!!!!!! Instead of eating the cupcakes, I'm thinking of putting them in a vault. They must have gold inside. When did a cupcake become two and a half bucks????? It's not a giant cupcake, either...same size I had in grammar school. Sheesh.:ohmy::glare:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful Peeps!

Vera...you never cease to amaze!

Simple dinner tonight. Homemade sloppy Joes, buffalo potato wedges and salad.

Attachments

• sloppy-joes-and-potato-wedges.jpg
    sloppy-joes-and-potato-wedges.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 86

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Mama, sloppy joes are a secret love of mine. I used to make it when my kids were small, getting my own fix at the time. I'd make them at work knowing college kids would love them, and I'd get my own fix. Lou, unfortunately, is not a fan, and for quite some time, I've been in withdrawal. Yours looks amazing. I'm dying over here.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Everyone's meals look and sound so good!!

Minus my camera shot (I need to replace the battery, lol) we had pot roast with onion gravy and roasted potatoes, carrots and parsnips :smile:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks mhend and RM!

Mama, sloppy joes are a secret love of mine. I used to make it when my kids were small, getting my own fix at the time. I'd make them at work knowing college kids would love them, and I'd get my own fix. Lou, unfortunately, is not a fan, and for quite some time, I've been in withdrawal. Yours looks amazing. I'm dying over here.

DH isn't a big fan either but I make them from time to time so that I can get my fix too and since I make things for him from time to time that I'm not particularly fond of, he has to suffer through the nights when I make something that I want. Thanks for the compliment!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama.

I'd like a sloppy joe and some of Vera's salad!! Those are 2 of my favorite things!! I love that you put the egg and anchovies in your salad Vera. You can't get a real ceasar salad anywhere but homemade.

buckytom

Grill Master
regarding mama's sloppy joes:
I've been in withdrawal. Yours looks amazing. I'm dying over here.

you and me both, vb. i miss my mom's homemade sloppy joes. i need a fix, but not that salty stuff from a can.

mama, would you mind posting a recipe, if you have one?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
regarding mama's sloppy joes:

you and me both, vb. i miss my mom's homemade sloppy joes. i need a fix, but not that salty stuff from a can.

mama, would you mind posting a recipe, if you have one?
I second that request Mama!