Scrambled Eggs with a Twist

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
This is a New one on Me ................

Scrambled Eggs with a Twist
For 1 large Serving;

3 eggs
1 1/4 tsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. water
1 tsp. butter
salt and pepper to taste

In a cup or small bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise and water using a fork. Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Pour in the eggs, and stir constantly as they cook. Remove the eggs to a plate when they are set, but still moist. Do not over cook.
Never add salt or pepper until eggs are on plate, but these are also good without.

chilefarmer

I can see that happening. Eat most eggs sunny up. But do like scrambled egg sandwich with mayo or salad dressing on the bread. Add some avocado, Nice.
So this recipe would be the best of both worlds. Thanks for the post. Will surly give it a try. CF:)

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
curious.

an old 'trick' for omelets is a bit of water to the eggs -
no salt - reported is salting uncooked makes eggs 'tougher' - okay, dunno.

the mayo add is the curious bit - mayo is just oil & egg yolk (seasonings and 50-letter chemicals aside....)
I've heard of a dollop of heavy cream for richness - mayo I stock,,,, heavy cream is a purpose buy item, gotta try the mayo trick.....

"do not over cook" amen. an egg dish must be a tender thing. there are situations where more is not better (g)

Leni

I've always added a little milk to the scrambled eggs. They come out moister and fluffier.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I'm definitely going to try this one!

I am a huge fan of mayo!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've always added a little milk to the scrambled eggs. They come out moister and fluffier.
My wife does that also. Works well.

I to love mayo. Will have to try this way. Very interesting. :thumb: Thanks LT. :tiphat: