Guy and his shows...

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Is it me or is he in a lot of the time slots on FN lately? Flipping thru the channels tonight his shows seem to be dominating?
Or is this just me??

Ralphanator

I think he has three shows! DD&D,Guys Big Bite,and a Challenge cook off!During the X-Mas season he co hosted a few show with the other F N Chefs!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea, we saw several in a row: DDD, Guys Night Out, Guys Big Bite, and the Challenge cook off.
But what I meant was looking at the time slots starting at 9:30, he has 5 of the 7 time slots, all are DDD.

YeOldeStonecat

He's finding success on the food network. I'm not a fan of him though, seems like his style is much like the teenagers in the kitchen of some family restaurant like Applebees or Chiles or someplace like that.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Never got his appeal either but then most of the new crop of FN cooks I don't get.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea, he is OK but nothing to get all excited about, and his catch phrases are really annoying me!! LOL.
Just couldn't figure out why this guy had so many time slots in one day on FN...

buckytom

Grill Master
i liked him at first, but too much of anything ain't good, so i'm getting fieri'd out.

when you think about it, ddd is another version of the old rachel ray shows where every place that she ate was the freakin' best ever. but he's able to pull it off better; not so bubbly and forced. and he doesn't mind stuffing his face.

it bugs me that he pronounces his name fietti, not fieri.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
While it's difficult at times, I try my best to look past the Hollywood put-on that these network stars use ad-nauseum, and try to catch a good recipe or two. I particularly like some of the recipes from DDD, but don't really care for Guy's style. Just a bit too hokey for me. If these "showy" stars were my friends, I would have to tell them to "put a cork in it, cuz you sound like a dork." I don't care to be around loud, noisy people, and Guy can really get on my nerves in a hurry.

But as long as the network gets good ratings and the checks keep coming in, I'm sure he's not changing his style anytime soon. On the other hand, my lovely Giada....:wub: What fantastic attributes she has.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I think he's fun to watch, especially DD&D and Ultimate Recipe Showdown. As far as his actual cooking shows go, sorry, not a fan. He's great personality....not a teaching chef.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
On the other hand, my lovely Giada....:wub: What fantastic attributes she has.

OH PL EEEEEASE! She's got more teeth and boobs than Pamela Anderson. Did you see how she acted on Iron Chef when she was paired with Bobby Flay??? I think I found out where her brains are and it ain't upstairs :tiphat:

Wart

Banned
Did you see how she acted on Iron Chef when she was paired with Bobby Flay??? I think I found out where her brains are and it ain't upstairs :tiphat:

Yes, when she was on Iron Chef she became another Tyler.

Tyler was a cat I had about 20 years ago. Big, beautiful, fluffy pure black cat, Just gorgeous. Not a brain in his head.

When Giada was on Iron Chef she seemed more interested in mugging for the camera, not much utility, she lost me.

But Golly, she sure is fun to look at.

Wart

Banned
Who is Guy?

guy-fieri.jpg

My future brother in law showed up with hair that color, I asked him how much he charged.

Overall, though, I have to give Guiy his due. He isn't a bad sort, can get some decent ideas from DDD, he is a little loud and just a bit obnoxious, not a show I make a point of watching but will stop surfing if I come across it.

buckytom

Grill Master
OH PL EEEEEASE! She's got more teeth and boobs than Pamela Anderson. Did you see how she acted on Iron Chef when she was paired with Bobby Flay??? I think I found out where her brains are and it ain't upstairs :tiphat:

a nearly perfect woman? :D

Derek

Banned
I personally think Guy rocks. he reminds me of me when it coems to gfood but I have a normal hair cut!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Who gives a shit if she has any brains????? She's magnificent eye candy, especially for old guys living with post-menopausal women obsessed with house cleaning and grandchildren. I think that you're just jealous.:yum: I'll get my kicks whenever I can, and will gladly drool in public. :wub::in_love: I hope that I NEVER grow up!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Who gives a shit if she has any brains????? She's magnificent eye candy, especially for old guys living with post-menopausal women obsessed with house cleaning and grandchildren. I think that you're just jealous.:yum: I'll get my kicks whenever I can, and will gladly drool in public. :wub::in_love: I hope that I NEVER grow up!

Alright, alright - you only live once :biggrin: