What's Cooking NCT Sun. 3/29/2015 to Sat. 4/4/2015?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Not feeling well today. Hands and joints in bad shape today (so achy) and have monster headache. Family ordered out. :blush: I will cook for Easter for sure.

Embryodad

We had Wendy's burgers and fries.... Tina just had their baked potato.

We opened the bag, and they put one plain cheeseburger....and two with the works and mayo.
Tina ordered all plain cheeseburgers....

30 seconds, and she threw them in the bag and back they went.

The manager cooked three plain with cheese, and a fries fresh and hot.

Now, we all ate happily thereafter.....Amen!

Embryodad

Not feeling well today. Hands and joints in bad shape today (so achy) and have monster headache. Family ordered out. :blush: I will cook for Easter for sure.
Take it easy peeps.
Sometimes the change in the weather has a lot to do with it.
I am playing heck with the sinus headaches. So far so good. I caught it coming and took meds asap to ward it off b-4 it got full blown.

Tina is on her 5th day of being sick. Every bone aches, and stomach distress.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Take it easy peeps.
Sometimes the change in the weather has a lot to do with it.
I am playing heck with the sinus headaches. So far so good. I caught it coming and took meds asap to ward it off b-4 it got full blown.

Tina is on her 5th day of being sick. Every bone aches, and stomach distress.

Thank you Jimmy. Hope T feels better soon. Give her my best wishes.

My one thumb has a big hard lump and the first knuckle is so stiff it locks into a bent position and clicks back and forth like a Barbie doll joint. :sad: I can't snap my fingers on that hand because the middle finger is almost as bad and am getting the hard lumps on both pinkys also but they aren't as painful yet.

We had prob with Wendy's recently also. They left a salad out. I hate the new Caesar side salad!! :yuk:

Last edited:

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. Hope T feels better soon. Give her my best wishes.

My one thumb has a big hard lump and the first knuckle is so stiff it locks into a bent position and clicks back and forth like a Barbie doll joint. :sad: I can't snap my fingers on that hand because the middle finger is almost as bad and am getting the hard lumps on both pinkys also but they aren't as painful yet.

We had prob with Wendy's recently also. They left a salad out. I hate the new Caesar side salad!! :yuk:
Hamburgers on a Sunday, and Palm Sunday no less....is a rare thing to happen in this house. Tina is not well, and so why would I cook a meal of meat / veggies / and potatoes or macaroni's just for me?? ....

My mother must be turning over in her grave! hahahaha... Wendy's on Palm Sunday!!
DD came over and decorated with all the Easter stuff. Then she made dough for pressed cookies she will make tomorrow. She's off on Mondays at her place.

Tina threw some of her frozen meatballs in tomato sauce, and she didn't even eat them.
GD will later if she wants them. ....
I didn't want them because they are soft for Tina so she can digest them. I Don't like soft meatballs... Uh Uh!....

Anyway....we are praying Tina heals enough to celebrate next Sunday, the feast of Easter!..... and the blessing that our prayers keep us as a family together so we may pray that we may be together on this earth, and in the final resting place, Together!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I know what you mean. I usually cook something nice on Palm Sunday but just couldn't today. I split a ham calzone with DD and I ordered a side of meatballs for me.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
#2 DD and #1 & only DS came over to visit and have dinner.

Attachments

• Dinner 032915.jpg
    Dinner 032915.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 323

Embryodad

#2 DD and #1 & only DS came over to visit and have dinner.
Looks great....and the bread looks to be so tasty and crisp; just right!

I remember the wife would buy the garlic bread in the foil wrapper frozen.
The kids liked it, but I could never eat it. It was a fad in the 80's, but she never buys it now. We make our own.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Made 3 HUGE bunches of broccoli rabe (cooked down to hardly anything LOL)

Planning to do chicken and veggie stir fry side of jasmine rice for dinner.

homecook

Nice looking meal lifesaver!

One night I made chicken piccata and another I made sausage, white bean, and kale soup.

Attachments

• 102_4523.JPG
    102_4523.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 102_4526.JPG
    102_4526.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 202

Embryodad

Just was looking for something Light, but tasty!

I made two Open Faced Toasted Cheese on White bread.

I devoured two in less that 2 minutes, and I am still hungry.

Darn!
:laugh:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Went to Tilted Kilt yesterday for fish and chips.

Tonight will probably be grill pan plain butter burgers and a salad.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Smoked Slovenian sausage, Mama's baked beans with LOTS of bacon, and kettle chips. Mmmmmm....

Attachments

• Dinner 040215.jpg
    Dinner 040215.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 169

Shermie

Site Supporter
Made THIS the other day.

Honey Buffalo Wings & Pasta Parm. :corn:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 166