A 2 part question about tea!

Derek

Banned
I'm really getting into tea and I've basically cut back from drinking a lot of soda, pop, or Sodapop if your from the north, lol.

Any way's I want to know what tea would be best COLD, and sun brewed?

Part 2, Do any of you know of sun brewed tea's that's sweet right out of the box instead of bitter?

And if you do, What would be a good thermus that's small enough to fit in a water bottle holder but yet keeps it cold?

AllenOK

I'm really getting into tea and I've basically cut back from drinking a lot of soda, pop, or Sodapop if your from the north, lol.

Lipton!

Part 2, Do any of you know of sun brewed tea's that's sweet right out of the box instead of bitter?

Such a critter does not exist. Use sugar.

And if you do, What would be a good thermus that's small enough to fit in a water bottle holder but yet keeps it cold?

Travel cup with closeable lid.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Derek

Banned
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Thank you Allen, I do love lipton tea, I have rasberry flavor right now, Its really good, and it doesn't have suger but it's not sun brewed!

It the powdered kind and its not bad!

Anyways I want some I can take with me on camping trips and photographing steak outs.

Haha I'm going to remember that about the critter bit :)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Derek, the Lipton Cold Brew tea is very good, too.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Lipton-Black-Pitcher-22-Count-Boxes/dp/B000HBIHK2[/ame]
Allen is right, unless you're buying a powdered tea mix, it's all unsweetened. BTW, if you are cutting out cokes, etc., to cut calories, maybe you could try some Truvia instead of sugar for sweetening your tea.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i use Luzianne Tea brand...on the box, it says for sweet tea and suntea..the bags are better and to me it is not as bitter as Lipton, but that is just my personal taste.

want to get rid of the bitter taste? quit squishing the tea bag..lol

the way i make sweet tea is:

boil lots of water.. turn off...throw in tea bags

let nature take its course and let it steep. i never squeeze/press the tea bag with a spoon.

make a simple syrup.

mix with the concentrated tea, add more water to taste...enjoy

yes i am canadian and from the north but a little old lady in mississippi taught me how to make "proper" sweet tea her way..lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

The best tea hands down for sun tea are Luzianne tea bags, IMO.

The best powdered jar mix is Lipton.

Best bottled iced tea...Lipton Peach.

Best jug of tea I've ever purchased, Turkey Hill Peach...:brows:

Best vessel from which to drink iced tea: glass or stainless steel... with a ton of ice. yum!

Attachments

• 020735092903.jpg
    020735092903.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 158

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I've never really got into iced tea - we like our tea hot over here.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
have to disagree with you Sass....LMAO:lol::lol:

this is the best commercially made tea..lol

0007024230125_L4.jpg

Derek

Banned
Derek, the Lipton Cold Brew tea is very good, too.
http://www.amazon.com/Lipton-Black-Pitcher-22-Count-Boxes/dp/B000HBIHK2
Allen is right, unless you're buying a powdered tea mix, it's all unsweetened. BTW, if you are cutting out cokes, etc., to cut calories, maybe you could try some Truvia instead of sugar for sweetening your tea.
Thank you Fm, And yes I'm cutting way back on the suger for my theeth, I will be amoungst good looking woman, And I need to look Ok, Right I look like a loser, LOL!

i use Luzianne Tea brand...on the box, it says for sweet tea and suntea..the bags are better and to me it is not as bitter as Lipton, but that is just my personal taste.

want to get rid of the bitter taste? quit squishing the tea bag..lol

the way i make sweet tea is:

boil lots of water.. turn off...throw in tea bags

let nature take its course and let it steep. i never squeeze/press the tea bag with a spoon.

make a simple syrup.

mix with the concentrated tea, add more water to taste...enjoy

yes i am canadian and from the north but a little old lady in mississippi taught me how to make "proper" sweet tea her way..lol
Really? Is that why my tea always tasted bitter when I did the brew thing with a pot? Hmmmm, Ok can you give me your simple syrup recipe? "I hate googling specialy if someone has a recipe already, lol.

The best tea hands down for sun tea are Luzianne tea bags, IMO.

The best powdered jar mix is Lipton.

Best bottled iced tea...Lipton Peach.

Best jug of tea I've ever purchased, Turkey Hill Peach...:brows:

Best vessel from which to drink iced tea: glass or stainless steel... with a ton of ice. yum!
You will never ever get me to drink peach flavored liquids or get to eat peaches not even with green eggs and ham, Sassy.

I hate everything peach!

I've never really got into iced tea - we like our tea hot over here.
I also love iced coffee but I drink too much caffinated soda cuppachino's

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
simple syrup

1 part water 1 part sugar

boil until thickened..watch it doesnt burn..let cool..
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43nfpIFuMkc[/ame]

Derek

Banned
Thanks Jeff, Now what about a staying cold thermus? I want one where I can put ice in it and it will not melt until the end of the day, I know they have something like that on the market.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Luzianne is the tea of choice here! Bring your water to a boil, cut off the heat. Put your tea bags in and allow to steep for about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove your tea bags (DO NOT SQUEEZE). For every gallon of hot tea add anywhere from one to two cups of sugar depending upon your tastes. I use 1 1/2 cups per gallon.

Derek

Banned
Luzianne is the tea of choice here! Bring your water to a boil, cut off the heat. Put your tea bags in and allow to steep for about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove your tea bags (DO NOT SQUEEZE). For every gallon of hot tea add anywhere from one to two cups of sugar depending upon your tastes. I use 1 1/2 cups per gallon.
Thank you very much Mama, but I'm trying to steer clear of suger, even the simple syrup has 2 cups to a cup of water "ouch"

the stuff I'm using has no salt or suger.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you very much Mama, but I'm trying to steer clear of suger, even the simple syrup has 2 cups to a cup of water "ouch"

the stuff I'm using has no salt or suger.

Then, use Splenda in place of the sugar.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, I've never seem or Had this tea!
I may have to find some some were.

You may have a tough time finding it. Milos is a southern company. Here is what they say on their website.

Currently, our tea is sold in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and the Florida panhandle.

Derek

Banned
Then, use Splenda in place of the sugar.
Oh yeah duh, Mama will that stuff still rot your teeth out?

You may have a tough time finding it. Milos is a southern company. Here is what they say on their website.
I probably can order it threw the culinary arts department at college, And I may be getting %10 discount since I'm going there.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin...what are you doing buying "Commercial" Sweet Tea? :huh:

Whoops!

Uh.......well, I got lazy!!! :yum::yum::yum::yum:

Milos actually tastes just as good as the tea I make, so I figured I'd go the easy route for a little while......it's been a long "little while". :lol:

It's not quite as strong as what I brewed, but the sugar content is perfect. It's a really well balanced tea. Have you ever tried it?

I used to use Lipton when I brewed it myself.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's a sugar substitute Derek so, no, I wouldn't think so. Just brush your teeth and you should be fine.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Whoops!

Uh.......well, I got lazy!!! :yum::yum::yum::yum:

Milos actually tastes just as good as the tea I make, so I figured I'd go the easy route for a little while......it's been a long "little while". :lol:

It's not quite as strong as what I brewed, but the sugar content is perfect. It's a really well balanced tea. Have you ever tried it?

I used to use Lipton when I brewed it myself.

No, I've never tried it unless they serve it in restaurants.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
No, I've never tried it unless they serve it in restaurants.

It’s odd, because I used to think it was completely asinine for people to buy pre-made tea in a bottle or jug.

I used to have a 2 gallon container with a spout/tap that I kept in the fridge. I’d make 2 gallons of tea at a time. But, nothing lasts forever, and even 2 gallons runs out. And I HATE running out of tea! It doesn't take long to brew, but then it’s hot and takes forever to get cold. When you add ice, it all melts and gets watery. IMO, to have good tea consistently, you really need to make it the day before you intend to drink it.

Anyway, I ran out again one day, and on a whim, we bought a gallon of Milos. I was surprised. Plus, Milos is stored in the cooler, so you buy it cold!

So now, I’m one of those asinine people that buys premade tea. :yum:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
hey Red Diamond is made in Alabama..lol

and its stored the cooler at your local walmart..lmao

amanda drinks sweet tea more than i do, but this is our go to tea when i am too lazy to make it..lol

It’s odd, because I used to think it was completely asinine for people to buy pre-made tea in a bottle or jug.

I used to have a 2 gallon container with a spout/tap that I kept in the fridge. I’d make 2 gallons of tea at a time. But, nothing lasts forever, and even 2 gallons runs out. And I HATE running out of tea! It doesn't take long to brew, but then it’s hot and takes forever to get cold. When you add ice, it all melts and gets watery. IMO, to have good tea consistently, you really need to make it the day before you intend to drink it.

Anyway, I ran out again one day, and on a whim, we bought a gallon of Milos. I was surprised. Plus, Milos is stored in the cooler, so you buy it cold!

So now, I’m one of those asinine people that buys premade tea. :yum:

Derek

Banned
It's a sugar substitute Derek so, no, I wouldn't think so. Just brush your teeth and you should be fine.
Not the way I drink soda, it doesn't help the teeth Mama.

I drink 7 2 liters of soda in 4 days.

I've been trying to cut back!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Not the way I drink soda, it doesn't help the teeth Mama.

I drink 7 2 liters of soda in 4 days.

I've been trying to cut back!

It's not only sugar with the soda that causes the issue - soda is acid anyway and that attacks the tooth enamel.