A Fajitas question

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I want to make Fajitas using flank steak. My question is do you marinate the steak, in what and for how long? Recipes?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I don't use a wet marinade on mine - I use a dry rub. I just mix up a bunch of seasonings and rub into the meat real well.

salt
pepper
various chili powders: ancho, chipolte, mixed, etc.
garlic powder
onion powder
oregano
smokey paprika
cayenne

You get the idea. Let it sit for anywhere from half an hour to a couple hours.

Attachments

• fajitas (2).jpg
    fajitas (2).jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 131

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The only marinade I have used is lime juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, thyme and oregano.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy cow, SS! I want to jump right into that steak picture!!!

Lee

Nancy-MD

I don't use a wet marinade on mine - I use a dry rub. I just mix up a bunch of seasonings and rub into the meat real well.

salt
pepper
various chili powders: ancho, chipolte, mixed, etc.
garlic powder
onion powder
oregano
smokey paprika
cayenne

You get the idea. Let it sit for anywhere from half an hour to a couple hours.
Oh yum, that steak would never make it to the fajita stage! It doesn't need a darn thing other than a fork or two fingers to pick it up and eat it out of hand! Dang!

Peep, I've only made chicken enchiladas so I'm no help, but I think anything you like on beef would be good, whether it's a dry rub or a marinade. Or just plain S&P. The cheese and sauce, peppers and onions will give it great flavor.

Mr. Green Jeans

THe Mexican carnecaria I frequent sells ready to cook fajitas. From what I can gather they marinate with a lime juice, paprika, oregano and garlic. The peppers, onion and seeded tomatoes are in the mix as well.