Brisket with a Brazilian Twist

GrillinFool

Dad did a couple of briskets up in Michigan on vacation. One he did with our typical rub and the other he used a Brazilian Beef Rub that he was really impressed with.

Here's a link to the write up and all the pictures. And here's what's going to have you craving brisket:

PSB7.jpg

PSB21.jpg

Oh, and did I mention the bacon topped beans smoked on the grill for 5 hours? How could I have left these beauties out?

PSB19.jpg

And all this done on two really bad grills. One of which collapsed during the process!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Looks awesome! I love the challenge of working with "bad" grills; it's kinda fun! I've seen those grills (or that type at least) in some of your other vacation posts. Do you take those with you, or are they supplied at the spot you vacation at?

GrillinFool

Looks awesome! I love the challenge of working with "bad" grills; it's kinda fun! I've seen those grills (or that type at least) in some of your other vacation posts. Do you take those with you, or are they supplied at the spot you vacation at?

A little of both. The one with the seafood on it is my Dad's traveling grill he takes to Dauphin Island Alabama every spring. You saw that in the two salmon posts. The ones in this link were provided by the "resort" in Michigan we go to. They take a lot of maintenance and coddling but they can make some mean BBQ

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
A little of both. The one with the seafood on it is my Dad's traveling grill he takes to Dauphin Island Alabama every spring. You saw that in the two salmon posts. The ones in this link were provided by the "resort" in Michigan we go to. They take a lot of maintenance and coddling but they can make some mean BBQ

I love Dauphin Island. I grew up in Mobile, and spent a lot fo time there. It's changed a lot since I grew up. Lost a lot of coastline due to the longshore currents, but they are fighting hard to keep her alive! Still a really nice place to go.

GrillinFool

I love Dauphin Island. I grew up in Mobile, and spent a lot fo time there. It's changed a lot since I grew up. Lost a lot of coastline due to the longshore currents, but they are fighting hard to keep her alive! Still a really nice place to go.

And right now it's deserted thanks to the piece of shit reporters that have nothing to talk about since there is no oil on the beaches so they make shit up. My folks have been going for years and are close to a lot of people down there. The people that live down there watch live news reports from CNN talking about oil on the beach and there isn't any oil for 40 miles. People have canceled trips, rentals, house purchases etc. Business is down 80%. And all the doom and gloom being reported is bullshit.

My parents were there for two weeks in April. That was like 50 days into the spill and the only effect they could see from the spill were the booms they put out to collect the oil but the oil never got anywhere near them.

A whole lot of people are going to go bankrupt because CNN/FOX/MSNBC and the rest of them had nothing to talk about and made some shit up.

Marty Skinner, owner of Skinner's Seafood, wonders if the sales of 10W30 has gone up since the reporters arrived so they can get some "live shots" of oil on the beach.

And check out how tan those reporters are. It's not from their live shots. It's from them frolicking on the beaches in their down time while they bankrupt the residents in order to get ratings...

F'ing media...

/Rant.

PanchoHambre

That looks great. I am now really craving brisket

and I love the pic where you have all those grills lined up. Nice