Camped this weekend..

Jeff G.

The food...
First night, Pork loin with potatoes and carrots. Just pour your favorite marinade over the meat, wrap it all up in a few layers of HEAVY aluminum foil and drop onto the coals.

It was fantastic. I do cheat... I take a meat thermometer to know when it's done. We had some left over and a family was going to just have PB&J sandwiches. I offered them the leftovers. They grilled me on how to cook it..

The next night, flat iron steaks and baked potatoes.
Wrap the potatoes and toss in the fire. For the steak I used my propane grill, there were no grills for the fires and I forgot mine. I did add mesquite chips to the propane grill to get that smoke flavor. I just love those flat iron steaks. I salt and peppered them, grilled one side, flipped and buttered them. flipped them again and buttered the other side.... wow were they FANTASTIC.. Grilled to just on the rare side of Medium rare.

Breakfasts... Fruit crepes with Marscapone cheese and whipped cream. No, I didn't cook crepes. They have some fantastic pre-made crepes now. Just open the package spoon on the fresh sweetened fruit add the cheese and roll. Serve with whipped cream(from a can) and you have a light..no cook breakfast.
Other campers WILL be jealous.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure does sound good Jeff. No doubt the other campers will be jealous. :D

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
The food...
First night, Pork loin with potatoes and carrots. Just pour your favorite marinade over the meat, wrap it all up in a few layers of HEAVY aluminum foil and drop onto the coals.

It was fantastic. I do cheat... I take a meat thermometer to know when it's done. We had some left over and a family was going to just have PB&J sandwiches. I offered them the leftovers. They grilled me on how to cook it..

The next night, flat iron steaks and baked potatoes.
Wrap the potatoes and toss in the fire. For the steak I used my propane grill, there were no grills for the fires and I forgot mine. I did add mesquite chips to the propane grill to get that smoke flavor. I just love those flat iron steaks. I salt and peppered them, grilled one side, flipped and buttered them. flipped them again and buttered the other side.... wow were they FANTASTIC.. Grilled to just on the rare side of Medium rare.

Breakfasts... Fruit crepes with Marscapone cheese and whipped cream. No, I didn't cook crepes. They have some fantastic pre-made crepes now. Just open the package spoon on the fresh sweetened fruit add the cheese and roll. Serve with whipped cream(from a can) and you have a light..no cook breakfast.
Other campers WILL be jealous.
Sounds like you had a great time. That is the type of camping we do too. Instead of being a camping club, it is more like a Chefs reunion. Where did you camp?

:harley:

Jeff G.

Sounds like you had a great time. That is the type of camping we do too. Instead of being a camping club, it is more like a Chefs reunion. Where did you camp?

:harley:

Wolf Creek Habitat. It's between Cincinnati Ohio and Richmond Indiana.
Its a wolf rescue place. They take in "humanized" wolves, ones that can not be released into the wild.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Wolf Creek Habitat. It's between Cincinnati Ohio and Richmond Indiana.
Its a wolf rescue place. They take in "humanized" wolves, ones that can not be released into the wild.
OMG I just googled it, at least the Habitat.
http://www.nighthowls7.com/

images

The Campground 3 miles down the road! Place looks exremely Awesom!

http://www.nighthowls7.com/1stSpringGathering09.html

:respect:

Last edited: