Dinner ~ Saturday 4/23/11-- What's On Your Plate?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's gonna be a busy day today getting ready for dinner tomorrow so probably some subs from Publix (they have thee best subs) or we'll order a pizza.

buckytom

Grill Master
turkey meataballs over porcini tagliatelle.

i have ground turkey to use up, lots kf cans of termaters alla san marzano, and fauncy porcini mushroom pasta that's been in the cupboard too long.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's gonna be a busy day today getting ready for dinner tomorrow so probably some subs from Publix (they have thee best subs) or we'll order a pizza.

I don't have anything to do in a way of prep for Easter dinner tomorrow, Mama.
Just need to show up. :smile:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't have anything to do in a way of prep for Easter dinner tomorrow, Mama.
Just need to show up. :smile:

I'm beginning to hand the reigns over to DD for some of the holidays beginning with this one so maybe one day I'll get to do that.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
oh how I miss the opportunity to play in my own kitchen! But, tonight, we've got a nice bit of company to celebrate my parent's 75th birthdays

I have an assortment of paté for the parlour.

First course is cool mango soup with a rum swirl. I have a buttery chardonay for that course

Second course is fried diced eggplant with shrimp remoulade on spinach. Can't recall the wine I have for that course...but it was a combination of three different grapes and a lovely pale red. It was a very hard dish to pair.

Dinner is short ribs ragu over roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I have a zinfandel for that course.

Dessert is an italian rum cake from the Maple Street Patisserie with Rose Banfi.

I've been prepping for this dinner here at work for the last two days. There's no way I can work here till 3pm and then get home and pull this dinner off!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BT, I love the sound of your dinner! Perfect for a crummy weather Saturday!

VB, your dinner sounds lovely and complex!

I'm having leftover pizza and I'm tickled pink about it! :)

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think we are having french toast, bacon and eggs.

I have cranberry tangerine nut bread just about ready to come out of the oven. HMMMMMMMM I bet that would make fantastic french toast!!

PanchoHambre

lunch before heading up north before easter stir fry mix of bounty from the buying club test order, some stuff that really needed to get used up from the fridge and the first greens from the garden this year. Onion garlic ginger bell pepper cabbage asian greens kale oyster mushroom quinoa and tofu sauteed in sesame/olive oil chilli garlic and soy with a dab of rice wine vinegar
picture.php

Mr. Green Jeans

It is awesome here in western Orygun (so why am I in front of the 'puter?) even though we are having ham tomorrow, I'm tossing some dry rubbed country ribs in the smoker using apple wood then will finish off with BBQ sauce on the grill.

GotGarlic

We're going to some friends' house for dinner - they'll be grilling something. I'm bringing Bobby Flay's spicy southwestern potato salad.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Beautiful color on that plate, Pancho!

Vera, how I missed hearing about your wonderful meals. I sure hope you have a chance to share some pictures with us.

It sounds like everyone's getting ready for the holiday tomorrow.

I just came back from Publix, and they had rib eye on sale. I measured the one I brought home, and it's just a smidgen shy of 2 inches thick! So, that and a salad will be dinner tonight.

buckytom

Grill Master
change of plans. i thought i bought ground turkey, but i bought italian (?) turkey sausage. so i made a long simmered sauce of light olive oil, onions, garlic, tomatoes, fennel seed, oregano, frozen basil cubes, a minced sardine, sugar, and a fraction of a pinch each of thyme and sage.

browned the sausage well, added to sauce, and cooked down uncovered until thick and savory.

the pasta is in the water as we speak.

mhend

My boy got a home run today at his game!! He is so proud of himself and is just walking on air right now! :wub:

Tonight, we're going to a Stars game (our local Minor League team) and all the local little league teams get to walk out on the field with the Stars players. It's been a perfect baseball filled day!

So dinner tonight is going to be something from the ballpark :):hotdog:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a combination of some of these, maybe involving pasta,- i'm being too indecisive yet- & i'm not hungry enough yet to pick

salt & pepper on that tomato & maybe the oil, some croccantini, fig paste & some sort of cheese or another, hm. we shall see

Attachments

• IMG_033751.jpg
    IMG_033751.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_034954.jpg
    IMG_034954.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_035253.jpg
    IMG_035253.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_036164.jpg
    IMG_036164.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_036465.jpg
    IMG_036465.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_034152.jpg
    IMG_034152.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_038266.jpg
    IMG_038266.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Picked up some Baby Backs on sale for the grill, and will make potato soup as well.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My boy got a home run today at his game!! He is so proud of himself and is just walking on air right now! :wub:

Tonight, we're going to a Stars game (our local Minor League team) and all the local little league teams get to walk out on the field with the Stars players. It's been a perfect baseball filled day!

So dinner tonight is going to be something from the ballpark :):hotdog:
:clap::clap: CONGRATS!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast for dinner. Quick and easy. I am going to bake a cheese cake later and maybe prep some of the veggies and such for tomorrow.

French toast topped with sugar free maple syrup, strawberry preserves and sour cream with bacon on the side.

042311_french_toast_bacon.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made a snack plate 4 now. still not that hungry, yet! saving my appetite 4 tomorrow's din-din, i suppose?

Attachments

• IMG_039068.jpg
    IMG_039068.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 128

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We had steak & salad. It was a little overcooked for my taste - we prefer quite rare and it was only medium rare - but tasty all the same. I guess I just had an off night.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My hastily thrown together Chef Salad lol

Iceberg, diced ham, julienned deli turkey,sliced cuke,radish, green bell pepper, onion,grape tomatoes and a boiled egg, halved.. shredded cheddar.
I would have preferred honey mustard dressing, but used poppy seed because it's all I had.

2011-04-23 17-01-26.081.jpg

Leni

DH requested a tuna casserole that I make every now and then. Layers of potato chips, peas, cream of mushroom soup, and tuna. Had that with corn and sour dough bread.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Vera,nothing on your menu is anything I'd heard of before, but I know if you make it, it's going to be the bomb. Pics?

Panch, that looks good. Cool presentation.. love it!

Aubrey, you are so fortunate to be able to find that stuff where you live.
Your little snack plate looks veddy nice indeed!

Peeps.. Mmmmmmmmmmm brinner!

Sounds like everyone had good Saturday din dins.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Very classy lunch, Panch - thanks for sharing it with us.
Mary - congrats to your boy. I used to love those little league days with my son Jeff. Such fun.
Vera - I hope you find time to take a few pics. Like Sage, I miss those wonderful pics from weekend dinners that you and Lou enjoyed.
Luvs, I really like that croccantini, your "snack" looks like a perfect meal. Sass - great salad! It looks really appealing.
And Peeps - your french toast looks really wonderful. You bring such a flair to the most ordinary things...

We had some basa (like tilapia) tonight, that I cooked in garlic butter, then garnished with crunchy carmelized garlic and a chiffonade of fried guajillo chiles. We had some shrimp cooked like this (ajillo - a combo of "ajo" for garlic and guajillo) at a restaurant last week on our anniversary. The little strips of guajillo chiles cook up nice and crispy and very tasty. I'll definitely use this method again - next time I cook shrimp, for sure.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 87

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Aubrey. :)
I am glad to know you are eating well.

Karen, as always.. very nice dinner and very colourful.
I love seeing unique foods prepared.
'tis a learning experience.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Vera,nothing on your menu is anything I'd heard of before, but I know if you make it, it's going to be the bomb. Pics?

Panch, that looks good. Cool presentation.. love it!

Aubrey, you are so fortunate to be able to find that stuff where you live.
Your little snack plate looks veddy nice indeed!

Peeps.. Mmmmmmmmmmm brinner!

Sounds like everyone had good Saturday din dins.

Thanks Peeps! Your dinner looks good! I love breakfast suppers. :)

My hastily thrown together Chef Salad lol

Iceberg, diced ham, julienned deli turkey,sliced cuke,radish, green bell pepper, onion,grape tomatoes and a boiled egg, halved.. shredded cheddar.
I would have preferred honey mustard dressing, but used poppy seed because it's all I had.

View attachment 11148

Very classy lunch, Panch - thanks for sharing it with us.
Mary - congrats to your boy. I used to love those little league days with my son Jeff. Such fun.
Vera - I hope you find time to take a few pics. Like Sage, I miss those wonderful pics from weekend dinners that you and Lou enjoyed.
Luvs, I really like that croccantini, your "snack" looks like a perfect meal. Sass - great salad! It looks really appealing.
And Peeps - your french toast looks really wonderful. You bring such a flair to the most ordinary things...

We had some basa (like tilapia) tonight, that I cooked in garlic butter, then garnished with crunchy carmelized garlic and a chiffonade of fried guajillo chiles. We had some shrimp cooked like this (ajillo - a combo of "ajo" for garlic and guajillo) at a restaurant last week on our anniversary. The little strips of guajillo chiles cook up nice and crispy and very tasty. I'll definitely use this method again - next time I cook shrimp, for sure.
Thank you Mary, Sass and Karen!

I am now craving a nice loaded salad Sass!! YUMMY!!

Karen your dinner looks wonderfully refreshing and colorful!

Fish Fingers & Custard . . . well, tofu sticks and vanilla pudding.

Fish fingers and custard - a line from Doctor Who tonight. LOL