The Cutting Room Floor

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
We post a lot of great recipes and pictures here. Love it!

If you're like me, you probably take a lot of pictures of your dish, then pick the best ones for posting.

If you're even more like me, then you've probably taken some pics that never got posted! :lol:

There have been many times when I started a picture spread for a meal and didn't get to finish it. Either I ran out of time, forgot to take the final pics, didn't like the final pics, etc.

I've got folders full of halfway picture spreads, things that got started but never finished, pics I didn't like, etc.

I thought it might be fun and interesting to go ahead and post those pics! Why not? It shows we're human after all, and that life has a way of changing youre plans! :yum:

So, if you have some pics that didn't make the cut, weren't finished, or just weren't posted for some reason, go ahead and post 'em here! This might be fun!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I was just looking in my "Unposted dinner pics" folder LOL GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! It won't help you get my black plates!! LOL

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I was just looking in my "Unposted dinner pics" folder LOL GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! It won't help you get my black plates!! LOL

Oh come on, I just want to "borrow" the plate for a bit. Just one photo-op is all....I'll give it back. I promise!! Really. Trust me!! :yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, I guess I'll start. This was of the muffins I made yesterday. We have 2 dogs....one small tri-colored border collie and a white german shepherd. Can you guess why I didn't post this pic :ohmy:?

Attachments

• muffin.jpg
    muffin.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 194

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thats what the clone feature is for LOL

Before and after:

Attachments

• muffin.jpg
    muffin.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 219
  • muffin_cloned.jpg
    muffin_cloned.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well, I guess I'll start. This was of the muffins I made yesterday. We have 2 dogs....one small tri-colored border collie and a white german shepherd. Can you guess why I didn't post this pic :ohmy:?

:yum::yum::yum::yum:

Awesome! :lol:

Oh man, I'm crying here!

Yeah, I've had that happen! :lol:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I mostly have pics of meals I just didn't get to post because I didn't go online. No good ones like that!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lol @ Mama!

I've got lots of stuff that ended up on the cutting room floor :blush:. I'll have to go through and find some of my real winners.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
oh, my- i take sooooo many pix before i'll find a 'good enuff' one to post. my camera is loaded w/ them. i'll glimpse thru & post a few. great subject, there, keltin. luv it!

here's 1 food & 1 non-food~

Attachments

• IMG_1277277.jpg
    IMG_1277277.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1138276.jpg
    IMG_1138276.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 220

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Since I do a lot of step-by-step shots for my website I get a lot of shots that have me thinking....maybe that's not such a good idea. Ever looked up a chicken's butt? Whoops, looks like I missed something...:lol:

Attachments

• chicken-butt.jpg
    chicken-butt.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Since I do a lot of step-by-step shots for my website I get a lot of shots that have me thinking....maybe that's not such a good idea. Ever looked up a chicken's butt? Whoops, looks like I missed something...:lol:

When I first saw that, before reading the text, I thought it was a shot looking into the mouth of some freaky fish! :lol:

I'll dig through my "didn't make it" folders later tonight!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I don't have any of those kind of pics that I know of. :sad:

I think I missed something. Whats wrong with the chicken cavity pic?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't have any of those kind of pics that I know of. :sad:

I think I missed something. Whats wrong with the chicken cavity pic?

I'm normally pretty anal (pun intended :yum:) about cleaning out the cavity of a bird but somehow I missed this.

Attachments

• chicken-cavity.jpg
    chicken-cavity.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 233

mhend

I'm normally pretty anal (pun intended :yum:) about cleaning out the cavity of a bird but somehow I missed this.

:yum:

That's funny Mama. I don't know if I have any pics to post here. I usually delete them on the spot. LOL! I'm gonna go on a search and see if I can find any because there have been plenty, let me tell ya! :)

Nancy-MD

Oh Mama, I cracked up when I saw the hair on your muffin! So funny but it surely happens to all of us. I have a cat - need I say more? LOL

If you want to see a messed up dinner, look at my salisbury steak blob mess I made today. They fell apart big time and I just covered them up with lots of gravy and took the picture anyway. Hahahaha! Oh man, those are ugly!

Attachments

• salisbury steaks with onion and mushroom gravy 002.jpg
    salisbury steaks with onion and mushroom gravy 002.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 205

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh Mama, I cracked up when I saw the hair on your muffin! So funny but it surely happens to all of us. I have a cat - need I say more? LOL

If you want to see a messed up dinner, look at my salisbury steak blob mess I made today. They fell apart big time and I just covered them up with lots of gravy and took the picture anyway. Hahahaha! Oh man, those are ugly!
That looks wonderful Nan!!

Wart

Banned
Posting here so I can find this thread later (yes, I know, thread tools).

I have so many pictures in series not seen because, though some of the pictures turned out, the series didn't.

vyapti

This is an old pic. There was a thread on another forum about Morman food and some pretty wacky jello salads. It inspired me to make jello salad and Funeral Potatoes. I also made a jello salad with Thai peppers & refried beans, but that one didn't turn out.

2898007540_df01d59154.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
the the bride; she later decided to take some Wilton classes and became quite an accomplished cake maker / decorator. it was a rocky start....

Attachments

• img981.jpg
    img981.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 170

Cooksie

Site Supporter
the the bride; she later decided to take some Wilton classes and became quite an accomplished cake maker / decorator. it was a rocky start....

I love it. I wish I had some pics of my cakes where the top layer was slooowwwllly sliding off :mrgreen:. I gave up on cakes a long time ago.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love this thread! Good idea Keltin! These pictures are GREAT :yum:!

Guts

here's one that never made it. What I was trying to show with this picture was the color and texture of the glaze that I make for strawberry pie. The glaze is really tasty and a wonderful glaze to use for strawberry pie but the picture just doesn't do it justice. I thought putting it on a white plate would turn out better than it did, but needless to say, it looked better in real life rather than this crappy picture.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 142

Wart

Banned
Click HERE for full size image.

New York Cheesecake with Apple Walnut (Cinnamon, almond, butter) topping.

cheesecake_1.jpg

Overexposed on the laptop, exposure looks fine on the PC.

Bottom crust isn't consistent or thick enough and looks greasy.

Cut isn't smooth.

Point of the pie should be vertical and sharp.

Bad picture of something that sure did taste good.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Click HERE for full size image.

New York Cheesecake with Apple Walnut (Cinnamon, almond, butter) topping.

cheesecake_1.jpg

Overexposed on the laptop, exposure looks fine on the PC.

Bottom crust isn't consistent or thick enough and looks greasy.

Cut isn't smooth.

Point of the pie should be vertical and sharp.

Bad picture of something that sure did taste good.

That looks really awesome to me! Great job!!!!! :clap: