Tuesday 4/12/2011, Whats on your plate?

Leni

Grilled Kobe beef patties with asparagus and mashed potatoes. Jim's Market sells frozen American Kobe beef patties for $3 each. They are 1/3 lb each. Wonderful stuff!

:bbq3:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i am removing crumbs from my keyboard- i made an early dinner of toast w/ muenster & some currant spread- yum. grahams & a slice of pear, too. those went well with.

i'll probably be making another lite dinner later on tonite. kinda been snacking my way thru my fridge rather than cooking. we'll see! have a good one, guys

mhend

Still not sure. The kids and I may take a drive out to see the grandparents, maybe go out for burgers and shakes.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Brought primavera from the restaurant. We'll have that with a salad and some wine.

I also picked up two small containers of Blue Bell Ice cream - one is called Southern Blackberry Cobbler and the other is called Moo lenium crunch - vanilla ice cream with chocolate and caramel crunch and three types of nuts.

yeah baby.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Had Mahi Mahi tacos at St Regis hotel in Monarch Beach
for lunch so...... Soup for dinner. We were checking out the space for the future stay.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I know I am cooking up some smoked sausage that I took out of the freezer...I was planning to do mac and cheese with it until I saw Vera's recipe for pasta primavera. That sounds SO good. I'll have to check out my pasta inventory. I do have a good supply of fresh vegetables.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I cooked my Polish sausage and then steamed a bunch of veggies: carrots, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini. Mixed them with noodles and poured some sauteed garlic and butter over the whole lot. I was originally thinking pasta primavera, but Jerry doesn't really like creamy sauces, and besides, I used all the cream in the ice cream yesterday. I thought you might enjoy a look at the package the sausage came in - the "salchicha" came with jalapenos inside. Very un-Polish, but really good. "Salchicha" is the term here for any kind of sausage. If you order a pizza with sausage, you are likely to get hot dogs sliced all over the top. Really. The veggies are a bit overcooked - the way Jerry likes them...as I was filling out Keltin's new survey, I remarked about "the things you do for love". I think I'll start a new thread...

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 130

vyapti

Grilled Kobe beef patties with asparagus and mashed potatoes. Jim's Market sells frozen American Kobe beef patties for $3 each. They are 1/3 lb each. Wonderful stuff!

:bbq3:
I love asparagus season. I roasted two bunches last night and have another for tomorrow or Friday. We usually have tacos on Tuesdays. Today was no exception.

buckytom

Grill Master
vy, have you ever grown your own asparagus? it's unbelivably good picked and eaten fresh or quickly steamed right away.

it has that freshness factor that gets lost after a day much like corn. eaten the day it's picked, though, and it's awesome.

dinner for me tonight will be a reuben and fries if all goes well with a brand new, practically untested switcher in the morning news control room.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I cooked my Polish sausage and then steamed a bunch of veggies: carrots, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini. Mixed them with noodles and poured some sauteed garlic and butter over the whole lot. I was originally thinking pasta primavera, but Jerry doesn't really like creamy sauces, and besides, I used all the cream in the ice cream yesterday. I thought you might enjoy a look at the package the sausage came in - the "salchicha" came with jalapenos inside. Very un-Polish, but really good. "Salchicha" is the term here for any kind of sausage. If you order a pizza with sausage, you are likely to get hot dogs sliced all over the top. Really. The veggies are a bit overcooked - the way Jerry likes them...as I was filling out Keltin's new survey, I remarked about "the things you do for love". I think I'll start a new thread...
That looks really good Karen.

vyapti

vy, have you ever grown your own asparagus? it's unbelivably good picked and eaten fresh or quickly steamed right away.

it has that freshness factor that gets lost after a day much like corn. eaten the day it's picked, though, and it's awesome.

dinner for me tonight will be a reuben and fries if all goes well with a brand new, practically untested switcher in the morning news control room.
I never have. I've been reluctant to invest the three years it takes to start baring stalks, knowing that I'll be moving in 4-5.

Leni

Grow them in a large tub like a wine barrel. That way you can take them with you. The roots do not grow that deep.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps.
I keep looking at that picture and I really want to taste that sausage!! It looks and sounds fantastic. And paired with the veggies it sounds like a killer meal.

I can't get my jalapeno bagels any more because not enough people in this area bought them :sad:. I would love jalapeno sausage!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had chicken vegetable soup for dinner (homemade chicken stock, leek bottoms (I used the green tops for the stock), celery heart including the tender leaves, carrots, potato and teeny tiny pasta shells. No chicken meat. I cut up a whole chicken and used the back, neck etc for stock. The rest I roasted for dinner on Sunday) topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

041211_chicken_vegetable_soup.jpg