Scrabble Solitaire

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
STEERS - SISTER

0511-1408-2610-0243_Two_girls_hugging_clipart_image.jpg

Ian M.

Teased - Teasel
( a coarse, prickly Old World herb of which the flower head is covered with hooked bracts). A cocklebur or burdock. Ouch!!

Ian M.

Never say I can't take a hint!! But I've been completely flummoxed by the last word you posted. None of us could come up with anything that worked or would have been acceptable. Every word we thought of was either too long or included too many letters. And don't think we won't jump right on you if your solution is the same. Deadlock!! Perhaps you, yourself, can break the deadlock and offer a solution? We concede defeat.............

Ian

As well, we had some tourist runs on the hotel and the pub and have been busy up to our pipicks!! No time for fun - my kids have grown like weeds while I've been otherwise occupied, I can tell you!! :dizzy:

Ian M.

Now we can all add "brain dead" to our list of accomplishments!!
Geesch!! None of us ever thought of "treats". And don't we just feel foolish. Sometimes it's the most obvious word, that's right beneath your nose, that you just can't see!! Head bonk is so right!!

Ian

Ian M.

LT - DW wants to know if you know what the other seventeen letters are, as she doesn't know - and she's Jewish!! I told her I'd ask. I hope my return is acceptable, as I didn't really change any letters - simply shifted some around.

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry Mate !
You have to change one letter................ rules is rules................... Change a T to an M ................

For Mrs. Ian................ There are 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet ;

א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י
כ ך ל מ ם נ ן ס ע פ
ף צ ץ ק ר ש ת • ﭏ

Biblical Hebrew

Aleph
Beth
Gimel
Daleth
He
Waw
Zayin
Heth
Teth
Yod
Kaph
Lamed
Mem
Nun
Samekh
Ayin
Pe
Sadhe
Qoph
Resh
Shin
Taw

Cursive Hebrew
Alef
Bet
Gimel
Dalet
He
Vav
Zayin
Het
Tet
Yod
Kaf
Lamed
Mem
Nun
Samekh
Ayin
Pe
Tsadi
Qof
Resh
Shin
Tav

Ian M.

LT - Thanks for the clarification on the Hebrew alphabet - is it the Greek that has Alpha, Beta, and Chi and the rest? I guess it is - which is why all the Frat and Sorority houses on a university campus are called "Greek" houses, eh? DW is very impressed! Not, I must hasten to add, with me, however.....................I didn't know any of that stuff.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
YUP ! GREEK ;
ALPHA
BETA
GAMMA
DELTA
EPSILON
ZETA
ETA
THETA
IOTA
KAPPA
LAMBDA
MU
NU
XI
OMICRON
PI
RHO
SIGMA
TAU
UPSILON
PHI
CHI
PSI
OMEGA

Thus, the phrase "the alpha and omega" means the beginning and the end............

SADISM - DISMAY