i was recruited to teach

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a healthy cooking class. i can't pretend i'm not honored that they chose me from 90-ish others. they approached me. i said, 'yeah, i'd love to teach nutrition.' each person on the committee gave this a resounding, 'yes!.'
i hafta read & make recipes. teach a very under-educated populatiation simplistic, cheaper, & healthy menus. they hafta be feasible, attainable, yet appealing menus. i live fer a cooking challenge. i'm so honored that they plucked me from the crowd to instruct.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, congratulations luvs! That's wonderful. What a honor!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
TY, mama! is such the honor! i was beyond :) to be their girl on this job.
i was mentioned during a meeting, sans my placing an application, & i was their recruit, regardless. 98 applicants, & they chose a non-applicant. made my night.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations!

Keep us up to date on what you decide to teach/cook!

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
congrats luv!
a talent well recognized, indeed.

hope you enjoy the task - teaching has it's own rewards!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome, Congrats Luvs. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That is truly a milestone / feather in your cap. Way to go. :tiphat:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx. I luv to teach & to learn, too. they're early enrolling gives me sufficient time to implement menus, make copies of those menus fer the students....... damn. this should be an awesome experience. they'll learn to cook healthy, delicious foods. i'll leave w/ a 'lil :) in that I may have taught these guys how to stay/get healthy.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
congratulations.gif

That will look great on your resume too!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We do expect you to start a healthy cooking thread with the recipes! Congrats you celebrity chef chicky!:blob_blue::blob_blue:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm putting pencil to paper-
i'm shocked that i'm gonna be teaching.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>schocked

you'll be more shocked when you find how much _you_ learn in the process of "learning others" -

it's a blast - enjoy!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i once taught basic skills. i tutored, lator on. ll be learning as i teach, too.similar as when i watch my friends/family's tots.- i can see where they can learn skills. i teach them as i see fit, & stay open-minded, yet cautious.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
they changed the program. now they requested I teach healthy habits. exercise, nutrition, etc.; rather than plain cooking, in & of itself. soon enough, i'll be requesting a paycheck. :D volunteerism is 1 thing; work is another. j/k