1 cup carrots, finely shredded
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teas. ginger

Topping
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 cup powdered sugar

Preheat over to 325 degrees.

Mix crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter and press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Beat 2 1/2 packages cream cheese, sugar and 1/4 cup flour at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in juice.

Toss flour, carrots, raisins and spices together. Add to cream cheese mixture and blend well. Pour over crust.

Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees and continue baking for another 55 minutes.

Turn off oven and let cheesecake stand for another hour in the oven. Do not open the oven door.

Loosen cake from rim of pan. Let cool completely, then refrigerate.

Beat remaining 1/2 package of cream cheese and juice until well blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until well blended. Spread over top of cheesecake.

Last edited by a moderator:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! This is freakin' BRILLIANT, Jeff!

Oh, man! I'm DEFINITELY making this! LOL!

Lee

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Are you freaking kidding me????????? OMG!! LOL
I love cheesecake and carrot anything.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, I'm glad someone else had the same reaction I did! LOL!

I cannot WAIT to make this!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump!

I have a big bag of carrots and I'm going through NCT "carrot" search results. I would like to make this cheesecake, but look at the last ingredient of the filling - 1/4 CUP of ginger??? Probably 1/4 teas. of ginger, right? Ground ginger, I assume.

Just checking with bakers before I correct the recipe.

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I’d use 1/4 tsp. then taste it before you add the eggs. That’s how I check my cheesecake for the lemon and vanilla. Then I add the eggs and just mix till incorporated.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Bump!

I have a big bag of carrots and I'm going through NCT "carrot" search results. I would like to make this cheesecake, but look at the last ingredient of the filling - 1/4 CUP of ginger??? Probably 1/4 teas. of ginger, right? Ground ginger, I assume.

Just checking with bakers before I correct the recipe.

Lee
All the similar recipes I've found states 1/4 - 1/8 t.