Flu Shot 2015

Johnny West

This morning I got my flu shot in my left deltoid, right in the middle of my tattoo and hurts like heck. I got a booster pneumonia shot in the right deltoid. This afternoon and evening I've felt achy and having a hard time getting motivated to do anything but go to bed. I've medicated myself in hopes that helps.

Are you planning to get a flu shot?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Haven't gotten one yet, or, for several years. For reasons that I don't understand I can't go to the pharmacy and get one I have to go to the Dr. and I avoid them at all costs.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you planning to get a flu shot?

Yes, I am. I got my first flu shot last year and my shoulder ached for 5 days. But I didn't get the flu ('course, I've only had the flu once, maybe twice, in my life).

I'm planning to get the shingles shot, too. Expensive bugger, though.

Lee

Saliha

Not yet (they are available here later, usually at the November) but I am planning to take it. Normally I plan to take it every year but until now I have just planned... Maybe at this year I will take it, finally.

:thumb:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
a company I worked arranged for free flu shots 'on site'

I did it two years - the only two years in my life I came down with the flu....

so I don't do them anymore.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had gone for two years without getting it, because I felt lousy afterward.
However last year and this year, yes I have gotten the shot and will continue to do so.
It's not mandatory to get the flu shot for us in the healthcare field, but is highly encouraged.

Johnny West

a company I worked arranged for free flu shots 'on site'

I did it two years - the only two years in my life I came down with the flu....

so I don't do them anymore.

I know, that's happened to me as well. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know but the powers that be decide which flu strains to include in the shot and all cannot be covered. Several years I got the flu ever though I had the shot.

For those that aren't covered watch for free flu shots. I know they are out there... like my kids tell me. Google that $hit.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
DW used to get them right regular. she worked at what I called "The Germ Factory" aka elementary school. regardless she would miss days every year down so sick she couldn't get out of bed.

parenting is unbelievable now-a-days. kids getting off the bus vomiting right at the curb - sick as a dog, call parent, "oh yeah he's been sick for three days, but I had an appointment to get my nails done so I had to send him to school."

can't afford to feed the kid breakfast; pulls up to pickup the kid after school in the 2016 BMW535. the staff doing bus duty have to make a list of who is picking up who -
"Ma'am you can't smoke on school property"
"git out'o my face I'm in my car and I can smoke!"
more than once the principal had to call police to have them removed.... then they file a civil complaint because no body was at the bus stop to meet their kid while the parent is being detained by police....

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Yes, and I plan on getting the pneumonia shot at the same time, like you. I'm not looking forward to feeling poorly, though .....

Johnny West

Yes, and I plan on getting the pneumonia shot at the same time, like you. I'm not looking forward to feeling poorly, though .....

The sore arms or general body ache didn't last long. I'm three days out and feel fine now.

I had the shingles shot so long ago I forgot about that. Next time I'm in to see my family practice gal will ask how long ago that was done. My oldest has had shingles in his early 30's. The two youngest had chicken pox in junior high and also when they were kids. That's not supposed to happen.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i got 1 months ago. was myself, side effects were not there, & besides that shot in & of itself, was plain 'ol me.

Leni

I always get a flu shot. I'm considered to be at risk because I have asthma even though it is very mild.

Guts

I do not plan on getting a flu shot. I've only had him twice before in my lifetime and each time I got sick. To tell you the truth I don't believe in them. I guess some people need them, but I'm going to pass on the flu shots.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
What is the shot for old timers?

I get mine at Sam's, and last year and this year they have asked if I want the one that protects against an extra strain, maybe more, or the regular flu shot. I just always get the regular.