Your real thoughts about McDonald's.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I took this little boy who I know to a McDonald's yesterday and bought him a Happy Meal.
He wanted chocolate milk to come with it.

He made me so mad, but I couldn't show it!! He devoured the fries, apple slices and the chocolate milk, but he flatly REFUSED to eat the cheeseburger that came with it!!! I've come to the realization that his family has spoiled him so bloody rotten with pure junk food & sweet things!! He will not eat meat, veggies or anything that is healthy for him!!

He is totally out of control & is stubbornly set in his ways and he will not change for anyone!! That's sad!! So sad!! He needs to be stopped from gorging out on so much junk food!!
headshake.gif
stop.gif

Attachments

• Khamani 3.jpg
    Khamani 3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 80

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
You took him to McDonald's and are saying all he eats is junk?

If he ate just the fries, apple slices and milk, sounds to me like he had what he wanted to have, which isn't all bad.

I adore the occasional Big Mac or bacon McDouble with mac sauce.
That's my real thoughts about McDonald's.
:yum:

Moxie

I agree with Sass. You took him to McDonald's, then complained about him eating junk! McDonald's IS junk!

If he ate the apples and the milk, he ate the healthiest part of the meal. The cheeseburger isn't the best part.

The cheeseburger has 300 calories, and 110 are from fat. The kids fries in the happy meal have 100 calories, and 50 are from fat. He was better off eating those fries than if he had eaten the cheeseburger. And since he appears to be a little on the chubby side, he made the right choices. He didn't gorge on junk food, and he's not the one that needs to change his thinking.

I, too, like an occasional Big Mac, but I know full well that it is not a healthy choice.

Saliha

I was thinking same; the healthy food and cheeseburger in McDonalds don´t mean the same to me. Kind of food is a junk food. Stay far from it if you want to live old.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I LOVE McDonald's and wish I didn't feel guilty eating it the once or twice a year that I do.

Both sides of my family taught us kids to love all kinds of foods from the time we were babies.

I am so thankful for that!

Lee

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
I took this little boy who I know to a McDonald's yesterday and bought him a Happy Meal.
He wanted chocolate milk to come with it.

He made me so mad, but I couldn't show it!! He devoured the fries, apple slices and the chocolate milk, but he flatly REFUSED to eat the cheeseburger that came with it!!! I've come to the realization that his family has spoiled him so bloody rotten with pure junk food & sweet things!! He will not eat meat, veggies or anything that is healthy for him!!

He is totally out of control & is stubbornly set in his ways and he will not change for anyone!! That's sad!! So sad!! He needs to be stopped from gorging out on so much junk food!!
headshake.gif
stop.gif

I agree with the other posters. So next time, take him to the super market salad bar, let him pick what he wants. With the condition thay he eat it all. I'll guarantee you whatever he picks will be healthier than the best of MickyD's

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
If one walks in the door of McDonalds, one is not looking for healthy food.

Yup! I eat there occasionally, wrap both arms around it and enjoy every moment of it. I just don't do it often. What bothers me is the waste of the food. If he didn't want the burger, tell them that at the counter and they can keep it and give it to someone that would eat it. This way, it went in the garbage.

Just my two cents.

LADawg

The only thing that I have eaten at a McDonalds over the past 15 or so years is an Egg McMuffin and Milk.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was talking to a doctor last week, and we were talking about red meat and sugar and breads. He was saying how a good steak is better for you than a lot of things out there. Burgers are more fat so not as healthy as steak but then he said who would have thought that the worst part of the Big Mac for you was the bun. :eek: Surprised me. He said red meat does increase the chance for colon cancer but sugar, sweets, and bread, that turns into sugar is much worst for ya. He also dispelled the myth that complex carbohydrates were good for you. HE said they are slightly better than white bread but a bagel also turns to sugar. He said that belief from the 80's did way more harm than good.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The whole thing is that he won't eat meat. He only eats potatoes if they are fries & chips. Candy, cookies, frosted donuts & sweet things to drink are mainly his thing.

Most kids I know will eat a burger. Not THIS one!! I wanted him to eat the whole meal. His family has him so spoiled. After having had a burger myself, I was stuck with having to eat his, burger, which I had not planned to eat.

Trust me, this little boy has gone completely over the line! :neutral:

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm so not for pushing food onto a kiddo.
& his food seems normal, seeing as to how he's a kiddo.
my Mom & dad would counterbalance snacks w/ healthy food.
you'd see us snacking on salad over cheese curls most often. then, my dad would make steaks & thus. organic items that he would counterbalance via chips.
deprivation & overindulgence may both lead to illness. yep.
& there was not a name or title put on food via my Parents.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
btw, shermie-- that line, 'either eat that food on your plate, or starve' went over rather well w/ us. well, when i was a tot.

show him by example-- have a chix salad w/ him. make a healthy dinner w/ him as your fellow cook. make legumes-- salads, burgers. i heard/read that getting tots into food early is a great approach. he may not be a tot; he is not an adult yet, tho. teach him~

Last edited:

Saliha

Can you talk with his parents about these eating habits as they are responsible for his well-being.

As seeing his picture, I would say he is slightly obese. Maybe he looks normal in there but comparing kids in my country, yep, he needs more carrots and less sugar.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sherm - Here's a thought. If this child doesn't want to eat meat, how about educating him as to vegetarianism and the correct non meat sources for proper nourishment.

Shermie

Site Supporter
He does not starve, and I would never ever do that to him or anyone else.

As kids, our parents forced food onto US. They stood over us with belt in hand and MADE us eat our oatmeal in the morning. After supper, if there was desert to be had, if we did not finish everything on the plate, we were denied desert.

He is only 5 years old, has a speech problem, and everything that he says, you have to ask him to repeat it a little louder, because he talks very low. Don't get me wrong, I really LOVE the boy, as I love the other kids. McDonaldf's for him should be a special treat once in a while. Not an everyday thing.

But he's already obese, and if his eating habits and other things don't change soon, he may be headed for health problems before or by the time that he enters his teenage years!

He is a very loving person who likes to play, give hugs and is very friendly with people. You can't help but to like him because he is so adorable. Even though he has poor eating habits, it IS his parents fault for the way that he eats. Most kids I know LOVE to eat burgers.

I believe that it is his sugar intake that is ruining proper eating habits for him, and if they don't try to instill in him proper eating habits, then he could more than likely be headed for a lifetime of health problems, such as diabetes, heart problems, breathing problems & other bad things, not to mention obesity!

He could also be bullied & taunted by his schoolmates & peers. Which could put him into depression, pain & suffering. I would not want these things to happen to him!

But the next time that I take him to a place to eat, I will try to educate him on the way that he should be eating healthy & good. :sad::ohmy:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Last week, he was at his babysitter's house.

She made some fried chicken & French fries for everyone. She offered the boy a piece and he refused it. He only ate the fries. He had no problem with it!

I gave him some fries from my plate. He kept coming back for more. Feeling some remorse, I gave in to him & spoiled him a little as well.

I just couldn't help it! I love this kid very dearly, but I just wish that his family soon gets him to eat right. Hopefully, in time, he will. :piesmiley1::eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
He has gotten even BIGGER! He's still a sweet person.

Saw him at the babysitter's house last week. He looks likes he's 8 or 9 years old now - yet he's still only 5 years old!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
stay firm-- it's fer his health~ i imbibe here & there, although i'm built thin--

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a most recent pic of him. He has gotten even bigger!!

He looks to be about 8 or 9, yet he's still only 5!!! :wow:

Attachments

• IMG_20160908_152032525.jpg
    IMG_20160908_152032525.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 12