Paradise Pup

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I just saw Guy F. stop at this place on DDDs tonight and I HAD to write a review for this joint on Yelp. Here it is:

"This place is a JOKE! First off, whomever gave this place 5 stars MUST be related to the owners.
Its not that their food is bad. Its about average. Some products are slightly above average.

The reason there is a line of people out the door, is because the inside is literally the size of a walk-in closet. You can have ONLY a line of 2 people and after that you have to wait outside!!! So you can have 4 customers and the place looks busy. When its cold, raining, snowing, very hot..... you have to be nuts to go to this joint.
Plus..... the service is slooooooow. Its like the owners WANT people to line up outside the door so drivers by can see it.
The price... INSANE! For 1 hot dog and 1 hamburger (with cheese) not ONLY did I pay very close to $9, but I also had to pay cash!!! They dont take credit cards.
Finally.... their cheeseburgers.... they dont even use REAL CHEESE! Its processed junk from Merkts. Pick it up at any grocery store in northern Illinois and look at the ingredients. Its like Velveeta. So for a premium price you get a 1/3 burger with Velveeta.

Sooooo... if you like waiting in the elements, slow service, over priced food and cheap ingredients and uncomfortable places to eat your food (wheelchairs cant get in the doors) then go for it! :)"

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Where is that located at?? I assume he is still out here in Chicago? I gotta get word to him to stop at Herm's palace in Skokie, or even Buona Beef here in Oak Park... pricey but still darn good! Or Scatchells here in Cicero.
Heck, just get him on the phone and I will give him a tour of the best dives and diners around here!!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Where is that located at?? I assume he is still out here in Chicago? I gotta get word to him to stop at Herm's palace in Skokie, or even Buona Beef here in Oak Park... pricey but still darn good! Or Scatchells here in Cicero.
Heck, just get him on the phone and I will give him a tour of the best dives and diners around here!!

Oh yeah! Its in Des Plaines, IL
I really like Buona Beef! Quality stuff!!! Tastes great too. Great hot dogs!!! Burgers are pretty darn good too. :thumb:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Des Plaines? Bleck! He needs to go just down the road to Skokie and Herm's Palace... way better food there!!

jkath

Saw that one, and I honestly wasn't all that impressed - so I guess I must've been channeling you, sush.
A day or so ago he was doing the "route 66" show and stopped at one place that says the creator of Disney's "Cars" spent lots of time there, thinking up the movie. The woman who runs it swears the little sportscar was patterned after her. Anyhow, every time Guy tried one of her "specials", never once did he do the eye-rolling, "oh man!", or "now THAT is a good burger" that he so often does. It looked like he was trying to choke down the food without spitting it back. LoL

I saw one today with him going to El Indio in San Diego. Just seeing all those homemade tortillas........now THAT looked like a good time!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Seriously DS, quit beating around the bush, how do you really feel about the place!! :yum: