Pineapple pie

Guts

With all the talk about pineapples, I offer up this recipe it is very simple and you could also use premade pie shells if you are in a hurry. Imagine a tropical apple pie! This pie can be made with Splenda also, if you have to watch a sugar.
You will see at the bottom there is a person's name that I copied this from. I just can't tell you which forum or who it was.

I have had this pie both ways sugar and Splenda I prefer the sugar way but it is a fantastic pie !!! It's a so similar to an apple pie with that tropical twist..

PINEAPPLE PIE

This is one of the easiest pies I can remember baking.
Tastes like an apple pie with a tangy kick.
It was also perfect in serving - no drips, and
kept it's shape well. I served it warm,
with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top.
(I used one of the "Golden" pineapples, btw)

FRESH-PINEAPPLE PIE

Pastry for 2-crust, 9-inch pie, unbaked (I used Pillsbury)
3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
3/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter

Line 9-inch pie pan with pastry. Mix remaining ingredients and
cook, stirring until thickened. Pour into lined pie pan.
Adjust top crust and seal edges well. Bake in preheated hot oven
(425F.) for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve slightly warm or cold.

By [FONT=&quot]jkath[/FONT]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ooooo, that DOES sound great, Guts!

Thanks!

Lee

P.S. JKath was a member of DC. She still may be there - nice person who introduced me to Meyer Lemons.

Guts

[("P.S. JKath was a member of DC. She still may be there - nice person who introduced me to Meyer Lemons.")]

I happened to notice that link after I posted the recipe, I think there's quite a few people here that at one time or another were or still do visit DC. I have been back there in years myself.

The recipe for this pineapple pie is absolutely delicious I have to recommend it as tried-and-true. thanks to JKath for the ricipe...

LADawg

I remember years ago when I was a preteen going to something like a large family gathering and someone had brought a pineapple pudding. It was like a banana pudding except it used chunks of canned pineapple rather than bananas.
I bet that a pudding made with fresh pineapple chunks would be GREAT!