Prime rib

roughwoods

This is our recipe for Prime Rib

16 to 22 pound lip on/bone in rib roast

soy sauce

tobasco sauce

garlic powder

We buy a large lip on/bone in prime rib.We cut off the ribs, place them in a roasting pan on a wire rack. With the prime we trim off the excess fat-place it off to the side. Poke the prime with a thin boneing knife all over on both sides. Rub soy sauce all over the prime, then rub tabasco sauce all over--don't be bashful-- rub the soy and tabasco in throughly so that it gets down in the holes made by the boneing knife.Cover well with garlic powder on both sides.Place rib side down on top of ribs in pan,place excess fat on top of prime. Bake at 350 deg for 1 hour- turn oven down to 325 deg-checking at about 3 hours to see if tempature is 125 deg,this is rare to our specifications. We place the slices in a pan of hot auju to cook futher to medium rare,medium or well done, depending on how the customer orders it. Let it rest 1/2 hour befor slicing it. We serve it with hot auju,horseradise sauce, bake potato or rice pilaf
Recommended wines are Sauvignon/Zinfandel or Burgundy.:)

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ummmm Ummmm. It's not even 9 in the morning and that makes my mouth water. Boy does that sound good. I had no idea how to cook Prime Rib at home until your post. Thanks! :thumb:

roughwoods

Oh Yummey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In answer to your question about the tabasco---It does add some spice but is also adds another dimention that you would never think of. If you want something different try adding chipolte sauce if you want spice.

buckytom

Grill Master
this technique looks really interesting. i've tried making a standing rib roast only twice in my life, and both times it sucked.

i'll have to try this method. thanks, roughian...