Thursday, 2/24/2011, Whats cooking today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it will be pork chops today. Not sure how they will be cooked. The sides will most likely be egg noodles and spinach and probably pan gravy.

Any plans?

Guts

tonight said hamburger steaks I think I need a change up. I'm thinking some fresh steamed veggies like red potato, sweet onion broccoli and a side dish of white Rice with a little seasoned rice wine vinegar. Anyone here ever tried Rice wine vinegar on white Rice? White Rice takes on a whole different dimension this way.

Guts

I'm planning on etouffee.

Cooksie I had to look that one up never have had crawfish before but I hear there. Very tasty, I used to work with a guy from Louisiana any said pull the tails off such the juice out of the body and eat the tail.

Yeah I see this dish is also made with shrimp. I was just assuming you were going to use crawfish. which one are you going to use?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Cooksie, I can't wait to see your etouffe. I was planning seafood gumbo tonight, so it looks like we're both getting ready for Mardi Gras!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie I had to look that one up never have had crawfish before but I hear there. Very tasty, I used to work with a guy from Louisiana any said pull the tails off such the juice out of the body and eat the tail.

Yeah I see this dish is also made with shrimp. I was just assuming you were going to use crawfish. which one are you going to use?

I'm going to use shrimp. Nobody has crawfish around here yet. I read that the crawfish season is getting a late start due to weather.

Yep, real Cajuns suck the juice out of the head before eating the tail! Aint that gross :lol:.

Ronjohn

We have some left over beef pot roast to have. I'm debating shredding it and making a stroganoff over noodles or something like that.

K

Kimchee

Lazy food...
Pulled some leftover lasagna from the freezer (which I finally inventoried again).
Will have with a nice salad and some gahhhhlic bread.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
chix, buttered veggies, & veggie soup w/ a sprinkling of parm. pudding w/ whipped creme, 4 dessert, whole milk 2 drink~

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Change of plans.
Mixed Salad (butter lettuce, baby red leaf lettuce, baby spinach, sliced almonds, sesame seeds, sliced mushroom & tomato) dressed with basil vinaigrette with tuna salad and egg salad on the side (egg and tuna salads made with ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, mayo, chopped onion and celery added each).

022411_salads.jpg

Last edited:

Guts

nice going. Peeps looks like a nice light meal. Is your basil vinaigrette homemade or bottle dressing?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Let me see... I had a mix of stuff Carol put back for me from the kitchen at work.
All wrapped nice and tidy on plates/bowls covered in foil.
Hot chicken (shredded sandwich on a bun-cold :() vegetable soup (GOOD)
Some dessert thing made from vanilla pudding and crushed chocolate wafers.
Had a cup of hot tea after.

abi_csi

I had chicken, leek and lemon thyme pie, mashed potato and minty peas with onion gravy. It was too good. YUM!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
WE did a Scallop Stir-Fry

food007.jpg

We revisited the Apple Turnover recipe from Osso Buco Day......... came out even better than Saturday's !

food004.jpg

.......and I made split pea soup ; "back of the Bag" recipe, adjusted by adding chopped onion, and Diced Smoked Pork Chops instead of a Ham bone, and using broth instead of bullion cube and water...........

food016.jpg

This was my first experience with Sazon' Goya............. it comes in "flavors", so I just closed my eyes and
picked one! very interesting ..... what is it ??