NCT COOK'S CHALLENGE VOLUME 2010

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
RobsanX, if organ meat comes up with the radom thingy, we will automatically push it back a whole week and choose something different for that current week. Good?

That sounds good. Seeing as this is not like the real IC show, and we have a week to plan, why don't we just put the list out in advance. What you have written looks pretty good. The only thing I would change is move smoked pig into the summer, and maybe shellfish into the winter.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
at the very least i'll see about posting old pics with recipes.

Sorry BT, but that's the behavior that drove me away from this thing in the first place................................. so I'll just butt right back out .............

BTW- Had Chicken Livers, hearts and Gizzards in gravy over rice last night.....
I love playing the Organs too. !

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
In my opinion, I'm fine with revisiting items from previous challenges, but I don't think it's cool to just roll out an old picture. Love you to death, Bucky, but you will have to cook it all over again. If I have to stand behind you chanting 'cook, cook, cook' I will if that is what it will take to get you to comply.

Lucky and Vy...get your collective hiney's back in here.:smile:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I would like to start again - I have been really out of it and the recent challenges have not inspired me.

buckytom

Grill Master
ok, no problem. no old pics.

i just thought there was so little input from everyone (apparently with an opinion on how things should go, but not so willing to participate :wink:) that ANY pics on a topic would help to get things going again.

ok, that's it, i'm out.

lol, only kidding. i'm not thatchildish...

and yes, vb. do you have a cheerleaders outfit?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
ok, no problem. no old pics.

i just thought there was so little input from everyone (apparently with an opinion on how things should go, but not so willing to participate :wink:) that ANY pics on a topic would help to get things going again.

ok, that's it, i'm out.

lol, only kidding. i'm not thatchildish...

and yes, vb. do you have a cheerleaders outfit?

Never did the cheerleader thing...but I will if that's your gig;);)

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The week of April 226 through May 2nd is the IC Anniversary Party Challenge.

Please post recipes and pictures of a dish you'd bring to an anniversary party pot luck. First course, main course, salad, dessert...anything you'd bring to celebrate a friend that brought you some good times!!

We'll start a new thread for that. Actually, Silver Sage has the magic spell to put that guy into the first post, so perhaps she'll oblige a computer illiterate and do it???!!

Then, the week of May 3rd begins the new and improved NCT Cooks Challenge Volume 2.1 How we choose the item is yet to be determined. I say we pick the first week's item now so everyone has plenty of time to prepare, and always be one step ahead.

Good???

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The week of April 226 through May 2nd is the IC Anniversary Party Challenge.

Please post recipes and pictures of a dish you'd bring to an anniversary party pot luck. First course, main course, salad, dessert...anything you'd bring to celebrate a friend that brought you some good times!!

We'll start a new thread for that. Actually, Silver Sage has the magic spell to put that guy into the first post, so perhaps she'll oblige a computer illiterate and do it???!!

Then, the week of May 3rd begins the new and improved NCT Cooks Challenge Volume 2.1 How we choose the item is yet to be determined. I say we pick the first week's item now so everyone has plenty of time to prepare, and always be one step ahead.

Good???

I've got something to bring to the potluck, but I don't see the new thread.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1. (and in no particular order, either, just number 1 because someone has to be...) stuffed, filled or layered pasta.
2. Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)
3. Chicken
4. Duck
5. Turkey
6. Fowl (yeah, you can also do one for the previous three)
7. Fish - with scales and fins
8. Shellfish and things that live in shells
9. Something from the ocean/pond/lake/stream/river/puddle
10. Cow
11. Pig
12. Ground Cow
13. Smoked Pig
14. Eggs
15. Cheese
16. Cream
17. Your favourite spice
18. Your favourite herb
19. Breakfast
20. Salad
21. Soup (cream or broth type, but not stew, cause..hey, we need a bigger list)
22. Stew
23. Italian
24. French
25. Middle Eastern
26. Chinese
27. Japanese
28. Mexican
29. BBQ/Grill/Smoker
30. Berries
31. Pain/Bread/Manna
32. Tomato
33. Seasonal vegetable of your choice (must be 'in' season)
34. Family Favourite
35. Dessert

This is the new list for the NCT Cooks Challenge. I'll start a new thread for this week's challenge.

Please please play with me!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1. (and in no particular order, either, just number 1 because someone has to be...) stuffed, filled or layered pasta.
2. Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)
3. Chicken
4. Duck
5. Turkey
6. Fowl (yeah, you can also do one for the previous three)
7. Fish - with scales and fins
8. Shellfish and things that live in shells
9. Something from the ocean/pond/lake/stream/river/puddle
10. Cow
11. Pig
12. Ground Cow
13. Smoked Pig
14. Eggs
15. Cheese
16. Cream
17. Your favourite spice
18. Your favourite herb
19. Breakfast
20. Salad
21. Soup (cream or broth type, but not stew, cause..hey, we need a bigger list)
22. Stew
23. Italian
24. French
25. Middle Eastern
26. Chinese
27. Japanese
28. Mexican
29. BBQ/Grill/Smoker

30. Pain/Bread/Manna
31 Tomato
32. Seasonal vegetable of your choice (must be 'in' season)
33. Family Favourite
34. Dessert

This is the new list for the NCT Cooks Challenge. I'll start a new thread for this week's challenge.

Please please play with me!

Week 2 - May 10th through May 17 - Japanese

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
my brain is a bit messed up lately (every damn thing that can go wrong is!! both cars have problems, a/c not working, oven not working (needs touch pad replaced) and now i need an electric outlet and the curciut box replaced!! and this is just in the last week.

so can someone please tell me what a ground cow is?

WHITCHY

can't help you with the cars, maybe the a/c some part but i can definiety help you with your range part.. all i need is make and model number and i can tell you how much and how long.. we can do it over the phone or e-mail. as for a ground cow my instinks are telling me that it's something on the order of a ground rod stuck in the ground or a cold water pipe.
Let me know i can give you my -email or phone number... Good Luck!!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
so can someone please tell me what a ground cow is?

A cow with no legs. He doesn't have a name either.....cause no matter what you call him, he won't come to you.

:yum:

Um....sorry. I take it to mean Ground Beef. What I typically call "Hamburger Meat".

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
A cow with no legs. He doesn't have a name either.....cause no matter what you call him, he won't come to you.

:yum:

Um....sorry. I take it to mean Ground Beef. What I typically call "Hamburger Meat".
ok ok NOW i get it!! that makes perfect sense!! i was over thinking it (ground as in earth, soil, ground below your feet not ground as in "ground up") LOL WE call it chop meat

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
ok ok NOW i get it!! that makes perfect sense!! i was over thinking it (ground as in earth, soil, ground below your feet not ground as in "ground up") LOL WE call it chop meat

I think over in the UK they call it "mince"?

Miniman? Sass?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think over in the UK they call it "mince"?

Miniman? Sass?
ROTFLMAO!! with all the things going wrong you can't even imagine (hmmmmmmmm maybe you can LOL) the visuals going thru my head as i thought over the meaning of ground cow!! (no not gutter thoughts LOL)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
There was talk about a "Seasonal" category, but that is hard to do when it's random. Seasonal in December is slim pickings! :lol:

What about picking the first or last week of a month (each month) during Spring and Summer (maybe even Fall) to be a "Seasonal" challenge. Just go to the farmers market or your garden and cook what is growing right now?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
There was talk about a "Seasonal" category, but that is hard to do when it's random. Seasonal in December is slim pickings! :lol:

What about picking the first or last week of a month (each month) during Spring and Summer (maybe even Fall) to be a "Seasonal" challenge. Just go to the farmers market or your garden and cook what is growing right now?
there are seasonal items for every month. someone posted a list or link of seasonal offerings, i just can't remember where it is posted :shock: