What's Cooking Sunday March 17 -> Saturday March 23

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The cheater stuffed shrimp were good but not as good as the stuffed shrimp that I make with real crab cakes. I made a huge mistake with the rice and tried to cook it in a rice cooker. It came out gooey...never again. I've used the same Mahatma saffron rice mix and cooked it stove top and it comes out light and fluffy.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That fry mix would have worked just fine, Lucky.
After all, it's just seasoned panko.

I use the Louisiana Fish Fry all the time. It's flour and corn flour, which is great for fish and shrimp. For fish I cut it with cornmeal.

Not sure about the Shrimp Fry mix, but I'm pretty sure it's not panko.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think tonight will be pan fried thin rib eye steak sandwiches on Portuguese rolls. There is American cheese, fried onions and peppers to add to sandwich. I will probably just have a butter schmear, salt and ground pepper.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think tonight will be pan fried thin rib eye steak sandwiches on Portuguese rolls. There is American cheese, fried onions and peppers to add to sandwich. I will probably just have a butter schmear, salt and ground pepper.

I had one with butter schmear and one with schmear and a slice of cheese on mini Portuguese rolls. And deli potato salad on the side. Very good.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I decided to do all the chicken with the corn flake coating.
20190321_183335-768x768.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The cheater stuffed shrimp were good but not as good as the stuffed shrimp that I make with real crab cakes. I made a huge mistake with the rice and tried to cook it in a rice cooker. It came out gooey...never again. I've used the same Mahatma saffron rice mix and cooked it stove top and it comes out light and fluffy.

Still, a great looking plate !

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Grilled (Grill Pan) Rib-Eye, Fries and Carrots with Onion Bits, Tomato Slices...

Rib-Eye, Grilled.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have planned roast beef, mashed, baby spinach and burgundy gravy for dinner tonight.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch !

Red Baron Individual Deep Dish Supreme Pizza .........

Not too bad for a buck !

IMG_7531.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Change of plans here.
Did a 3 cheese American Chop Suey (goulash) with toasted parm/garlic bread.
Leftovers aplenty!
20190322_182521.jpg

20190322_182501-768x768.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had eye round roast beef, mashed red and Yukon potatoes, steamed baby spinach and burgundy gravy for dinner tonight.

Life got crazy so no pictures.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Comfort Night ...
Dogs and Kraut, Gulden's Spicy Brown, Mashed Maine Spud and Chopped Collards...

Dogs and Kraut .jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
To much pain too cook. We ordered Asian. Hub and I shared a combo of
sesame chicken and pork fried rice. DD's shared sushi and Bento selections.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Feeling under the weather...... Just made a Grilled Cheese, only ate half, but I managed to finish up the rest of the soup from lunch...

:goodnight_smi: