8/11/2011 What's gonna be on your table?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Wow, where do I start? So many lovely dinners tonight!

Mama and Mary - I think I already commented on how delicious your dinners looked...beautiful color on the sauce, Mama and Mary's chicken and sausage look so juicy and tender.

Nancy, your meatloaf looks so good and the gravy luscious...

SS - we ended up with a similar dinner, but yours looks much more elegant...

Jimmy-you are the chili burger champ...beautiful thick chili...

Peeps - I so love your gravy. That looks delicious...

Your fish looks so good, Barb, and I love your smashed baked potato...that's exactly the way we like to cook fish.

Lifesaver, that's just what Mexicans do...whatever they have, they put it in a tortilla and call it a taco. I bet that was very tasty!

I changed my mind about the turkey (it was already cooked, but we'll have it tomorrow for sandwiches) and decided on shrimp instead. I just sorta cleaned out the frig and added veggies, and made a sauce from chicken stock and cream, along with some garlic and red onion. Cooked the veggies right along with the noodles and it was really good. One of our favorite meals.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 104

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Mary, that looks beautiful! Who needs rice :lol:

Leni, either one would be fine by me!

Dinner:

Mama, Just how is it that I have come to know your dishes when I see them before ever seeing who they belong to? lil

Beautiful!!!

attachment.php

Phiddlechik

I had a back-to-school inservice all day, then taught violin lessons early evening. Husband had hand surgery yesterday, yet made tacos for us tonight! Yay! After an evening hike on the mountain, we had Breyers natural vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce (berries from farmer's market, local).

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Phiddlechick - nice to see you back among us! Hope your husband's hand heals well. You had a busy day...oh, I do love fresh raspberries. Sounds like a good choice.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
making me hungry, yinz!
i went to 2 visit a bartender i took shredded/crockpotted beef sirloin roast to last week & to say 'hi' to friends & see if she luved it-, & she was was like, 'that was.......it was delicious! she shook her head & laughed @ her own establishment's food, muttered a few select gripespertaining 2 thier own food, lol. she said, 'i kept taking it straight from the container, the meat & juices were enough by themselves.. how'd u make that?!she was baffled by how rich & real-meat it was. she said that she kept trying to figure the ingredients that she couldn't. haha, i make it that way!
i gave her my loosely-based recipe. i think she's gonna be the only to have it, too, unless i give it to my Mom.
she & others kept encouranging me to sell my food. there is a festival soon....... i'll dip my ballet slippers into the rigors & we shall see.
that's only a portion of my dinner beginnings, tho. anyhow, she insisted on giving me tilapia. from thier kitch. (it was her's, i think, as they don't sell fish there) if i don't make it tonite, i'll make it lunch. maybe dinner. i've junk food & @ times, it suffices

Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Karen, your flavors sound fantastic!

Phid, I love fresh raspberry sauce over vanilla.

Everyone's food looks delicious.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps and SS - yes, everyone made absolutely stellar meals tonight. I love to see the pictures - thanks for posting them.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mama, Just how is it that I have come to know your dishes when I see them before ever seeing who they belong to? lil

Beautiful!!!

It's cuz all I use are the white square ones :wink: Thanks LS!

Karen, that looks sooooo good!

Joe, I love those shoulder steaks too. They're so tender.

Phiddle, it sounds like your husbands surgery must have went really well. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Luvs, I'll bet that roast was amazing!

cookingirl

Everyones food looks sooo good! I wish I could do that! all I need is time.....and ideas.....thinking about Sat and Sundays meal right now....hummmm...maybe meatloaf with tomato sauce ,my mom's meatloaf recipe...stewed tomatoes, can of sauce, whole tomatoes which are crushed..and this covers the entire loaf..soo moist; like a big meatball!(Sunday)- mashed taters and peas....Sat ???? ???????????? maybe fried eggplant sandwiches or ?????????maybe steak??? depends on how the day goes--lots to do..
Luvs--GO 4 IT!!!! and send me some--fed ex!! on dry ice!! will give you address-or come over for a visit and cook for me and my dad!!!!! :heart: :blob_blue: