Ravioletti Ideas

I picked up some fresh ravioletti pasta filled with cheese. (They are tiny squares of ravioli about 1/2"-3/4" in size). I don't want to drown them in a heavy sauce. Any creative ideas?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
How about frying them! You can batter then using an egg 7 milk wash, then roll in bread crumbs. Fry at 350-375 for a few minutes and serve hot.

You don't have to bread them if you don't want to, and can simply fry them "naked".

Make sure all the ravioli you fry are completely sealed, or they'll explode.

To serve, put a little Marinara sauce on a plate and spread it out. Put the ravioli on top of that, add a little parmesan cheese and some parsley or chives. Have some extra Marinara sauce on the side for dipping if you like.

Thanks, guys. :flowers: Keeping your ideas in mind. They are so tiny, I might need a tweezer to find them in a sauce. lol They're so cute, I couldn't resist. Also thinking along the lines of a tortellini-like soup, or an orzo-like pasta salad. Still open to ideas.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
How about a ravioletti bake. Kind of like a lasagna. You could do individual dishes if you have individual sized baking dishes. Put down a layer of sauce, ravioletti, maybe some mushrooms and onions, cheese, sauce, ravioletti, on so on with your layers. Bake till done.

Or how about a twisted version of chicken parmesan? Pound out and fry some chicken breast. In a dish, add a little sauce, the ravioletti, the fried chicken breast, more sauce, and cheese. Bake till melty.

Maybe a soup made from chicken stock, carrots, onions, celery, maybe some peppers, crushed tomatoes, some tomato paste to thicken. Boil the soap for 30 minutes, add ravioletti and boil 30 minutes longer or until ravioletti is tender.

Maybe you could stuff a bell pepper with them? Hollow out the pepper then blanch the ravioletti. In a skillet, add butter or oil, the ravioletti, maybe some mushrooms, a touch of tomato sauce, maybe some cheese, and some garlic croutons. Sauté for a little bit, then stuff it into the pepper, top with more croutons or cheese and bake till the pepper is soft.

Maybe a twisted shrimp or chicken alfredo. Boil the ravioletti till done and keep warm. In a pan, sauté some butter, bell pepper, onion, and maybe some mushrooms. When veggies are nearly done, add peeled shrimp or bite sized chicken pieces (I'd use thigh meat). When the meat is done, add alfredo sauce and heat till warmed through. In a bowl, add some ravioletti and a few ladles of the alfredo mixture. Serve with garlic bread and green salad.

Maybe a warm pasta salad. Cook the ravioletti and set aside. In a large bowl, add mayo, a touch of mustard, some cooked peas, black olives, make some onion, and some crumbled bacon. Mix well. Now gently fold in the warm ravioletti till well mixed. Serve warm. Might be fun to top fresh garlic toast with this mixture. Or cut some romaine lettuce in half, lightly grill it in a pan cut side down with some garlic, then top the grilled romaine with the ravioletti salad.

Perhaps a pasta and egg dish? Blanch and drain the ravioletti. Then in a sauté pan, add the ravioletti, butter, some garlic, maybe some chives or onions, maybe some mushrooms. Sauté a bit, then add the eggs. Spread the mixture out and let it sit. Once it begins to set, you could add some cheese, then put the pan under the broiler for a few minutes to finish cooking the eggs. Cut into wedges. Put a wedge on the plate and top with some diced tomato or a bit of mild salsa if you like.

Dang…..I'm getting hungry!!! :yum:

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Fry some sage leaves in butter, and let the butter brown.

The fried leaves are better than potato chips, and the sage browned butter is a delicious sauce for a delicate pasta!

Lee

Attachments

• Ravioli with sage butter.JPG
    Ravioli with sage butter.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 288

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Toss them in a brown butter sauce with mushrooms and parm?
How about a pesto?

OH YEAH! Great idea Sass.

How about cook the ravioletti till done, drain and place in a bowl. To that bowl add a little brown butter and some green onion or chives, maybe some parsley, then toss to coat. Cover and keep warm. In a skillet, sauté some scallops or lobster medallions in a bit of brown butter or oil till nicely brown on each side. Place meat on top of ravioletti, drizzle more warm brown butter over it all, and then add a splash of lemon juice.

Sounds pretty good to me. :biggrin: