My mom's bathroom floor!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm so excited! My son Myles and I went to Houston for a little over a week and tore out my mom's bathroom floor, fixed a plumbing leak, put in all new subfloor, and re-tiled it. It came out very nicely and I really enjoyed doing a project with my boy. Here's some pics:

Attachments

• cfloor1.jpg
    cfloor1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 119
  • cfloor2.jpg
    cfloor2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 115
  • cfloor3.jpg
    cfloor3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 151
  • cfloor4.jpg
    cfloor4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 151
  • toilet2.JPG
    toilet2.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 114

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
WOW FM! That looks great! I was wondering where you were. It sounds as though you had a wonderful...and productive...time! Glad to see you back!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Looks damn good!!! :applause:
Anyhew, Im guessing your mom will LOVE it!!! Next, get rid of that counter! :lol:

HEY! Did you remember to put the toilet back?!??!?!?

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Looks damn good!!! :applause:
That was very very nice of ya! I did the same 15 years ago when my dad went to Vegas for the week. But when he got back he just yelled at me that I wasted my dough :(
My dad is an asshole. Anyhew, Im guewssing your mom will LOVE it!!! Next, get rid of that counter! :lol:
LOL!!!! I tried to get her to let me tile the counter but no dice. She actually likes pink Formica! But yeah, she's really happy. (And you dad's a jerk cuz it's a lot of work!!! Hey, maybe the next time he leaves, you could install a pink Formica counter!!!:yum:)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WOW FM! That looks great! I was wondering where you were. It sounds as though you had a wonderful...and productive...time! Glad to see you back!
Thank you! It really was wonderful, but I'm so glad to be back home and back here. I missed y'all!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You really love your mom don't you? Congratulations on a job well done. Would you like a donation for knee band aids?

homecook

Great job Terry!!!! That's great that you got to work on that with your ds, it makes it so much more fun. lol You both did a fantastic job....

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow! That is very impressive! Incredible work! :clap:

Are you busy next weekend????? :yum::yum::yum:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am SO impressed, Terry!!

MORE POWER! ARR ARR ARRR!!!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Y'all are so nice - you're making me blush! (And you know it's not easy to do that!) LOL Lee! I actually did get a nifty new power tool for this - a wet tile saw. It's awesome and I can't wait to get to use it again. (Actually, mom was planning on having me put in one of those 3-piece tub surrounds but I've pretty much got her talked into letting me tile the tub alcove. Lots more getting to use the tile saw!!!)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
good work... wanna come up to Philly and build a kitchen?
That would be so much fun, Pancho! We should also get LeoLady to come and help scout out the vintage appliances. And Jeff and Keltin to consult on the outdoor kitchen you'll need, too. And Vera to feed us. And...aww hell, we should all just show up and build your kitchen with you!!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Wow! That is very impressive! Incredible work! :clap:

Are you busy next weekend????? :yum::yum::yum:

umm i was thinking the same thing... i have some hardwood floors that could use refinishing... my basement bathroom needs to be retiled and goodness me you have experience..lol

i will supply everything including the BBQ and you bring yourself..lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
umm i was thinking the same thing... i have some hardwood floors that could use refinishing... my basement bathroom needs to be retiled and goodness me you have experience..lol

i will supply everything including the BBQ and you bring yourself..lol
Damn - I've seen your BBQ, Jeff! I don't know that it would be a fair trade - I think you'd be getting the short end of the stick!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Damn - I've seen your BBQ, Jeff! I don't know that it would be a fair trade - I think you'd be getting the short end of the stick!

nah...the price of getting a contractor around here is what i would charge to do some catering...its pretty much even..lol

except i work for longer hours preparing for it..lol
shhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone but i like doing it..lol

Wasabi

I love it! Very nice. Your mom is one lucky lady to have a grandson and daughter as talented and giving as you both are.:applause:

PanchoHambre

That would be so much fun, Pancho! We should also get LeoLady to come and help scout out the vintage appliances. And Jeff and Keltin to consult on the outdoor kitchen you'll need, too. And Vera to feed us. And...aww hell, we should all just show up and build your kitchen with you!!!

LOL That would be awesome... I only have 2 brs though... but there is a big grassy lot next door so y'all could pitch tents and do some urban camping....

I was supposed to get some work done this weekend but social obligations took over. I really need to get cracking... the back is pretty much sealed up now just some trim and plaster work in the kitchen and the cabinets can go in.