10 Most Dangerous Foods To Eat While Driving

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
drive1.jpg

1. Coffee is most likely to spill out of the cup even with a lid when you hit a bump.

drive2.jpg

2. Hot soup is also likely to spill out of the cup when you hit a bump because many people drink hot soup like they drink coffee while driving.

drive3.jpg

3. Tacos are an extremely dangerous food to eat while driving because it is a proven fact that any food that can disassemble itself while you are driving is sure to distract you.

drive4.jpg

4. Chili dogs are dangerous for the same reasons as tacos; however, they are also much messier and will drip down the front of your shirt, thus causing you to be even more distracted.

drive5.jpg

5. Hamburgers are considered one of the most dangerous foods to eat while driving because you eat them with your hands and the grease then gets on the steering wheel, possibly making it very slippery.

drive6.jpg

6. Ribs and wings. They are messy and distracting and you will lick your fingers while eating them.
drive7.jpg

7. Fried chicken will also cause your hands and the steering wheel to get greasy and be slippery.

drive8.jpg

8. Jelly donuts are dangerous because no one has ever eaten one without watching the jelly ooze out of the middle.:lol:

drive9.jpg

9. Soda easily splashes out from a cup or a can.

drive10.jpg

10. Chocolate melts and then you are trying to get it off the steering wheel without swerving.

Deelady

I've done the coffee thing and a soda from a fast food joint....but really, who does all those others?? Fried chicken..? Ribs....? LOL

Although I saw one lady driving once while eating a bowl of spegetti with sauce! And man was that girl CHOWING down! LOL I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I think most of us have done the drinks thing, but yeah Dee.. fried chicken? or worse RIBS? :shock:

I've had a small burger while driving before and even a taco, figuring if a mess falls in my lap on the way to the destination, I'll clean up after myself. lol

High Cheese

Saucier
Bah! Rookies!

Working for the courier service you become a Pro at eating while driving. The most difficult lunch for me was a pulled pork sandwich driving back from Delaware once back in 02 or 03. You could barely see the bun under all that pork. But I did it. Got some sauce on the dash too.

The trick is to leave whatever wrapper/styrofoam on your lap, then be able to two hand it using your knee to steer.
smirk.gif

chowhound

Definitely, Jeeks. No grease on my wheel either, because I steer with my knee and wipe my hands off well before resuming a more normal approach to driving. You can use the condensation that forms on your cold beverage cup as a "navy shower" of sorts. Although I typically hold the food with one hand and the wrapper with the other. This assures you don't accidentally get a bite of wrapper if you have to divert your eyes back to the road...

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I can only recall eating and driving three times.....twice with an apple, and once with a granola bar. The idea of eating wings and driving or tacos and driving is like reading a book and driving.

K

Kimchee

I knew a guy who would drive and read.
He also honked at, then passed dangerously a cop who pulled out in front of him one night......

while driving with an expired license, on expired plates, with expired registration...
and two OUNCES of marijuana in his pocket. While not stoned. :oops:
Yes, he got stopped and went to jail.

And yes, he is very intelligent...... until he gets behind a wheel.:bonk:

High Cheese

Saucier
It just occured to me, I've eaten everything on that list while driving. One thing that would be rough is shellfish. I can't imagine trying to crack the claw of a lobster doing 75 on the parkway.

thinking.gif
...actually, I could use the power window to crack them open.....I'll try to come up with another one.