Pay-What-You-Can Restaurant

JackieBlue

Banned
Jon Bon Jovi is a class act.:thumb:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localphi/20110426/ts_yblog_localphi/jon-bon-jovis-foundation-planning-pay-what-you-can-restaurant?bouchon=504,pa

Jon Bon Jovi has received the go-ahead to convert an auto repair shop into a restaurant that would serve people whether they can pay or not.
The singer's foundation is opening Soul Kitchen in Red Bank, N.J. The restaurant will serve healthy foods prepared with local ingredients from New Jersey farms. The difference is that there will be no prices on the menu.
The restaurant will be run on a "pay-what-you-can" basis. The suggested meal donation is $10. If you can afford to pay more, the money will go to help feed someone. If you can't afford to pay, you can volunteer time in the restaurant. In short, no one is turned away from a meal. Diners can also donate money to pay for the meals of others.
Red Bank's planning board on Monday signed off on the plan, which is based on concepts used in Denver and Salt Lake City. The community restaurant could be open as soon as July 4.
The musician was recently in Philadelphia, where he helped open a housing unit for homeless teens and young adults. He was also recently named to a White House council addressing the plight of the homeless.

a37df3515f87e363006ec5e7f98a8ef2.jpeg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea, but it will be flooded with illegals.

Maybe, but it's still a wonderful gesture. Those who pay will feel it's more like a tip, so I hope the food and service meet the standards (whatever they are) required for acceptance and generosity.

On a lighter note, this would be a sure fire way to beat a value added tax.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good for him. Awesome idea. I hope it works out for the better and he can open similar places around the nation.

On a lighter note, this would be a sure fire way to beat a value added tax.

Always thinking ehh Buzz. :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

High Cheese

Saucier
The area, more specifically the neighborhood, he's putting the restaurant is highly populated with illegals. So I don't see the benefit besides to help them. On the main drag through that town, approx 3 blocks away, there's probobly 33% vacant buildings.

I lived there since 1975.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The area, more specifically the neighborhood, he's putting the restaurant is highly populated with illegals. So I don't see the benefit besides to help them. On the main drag through that town, approx 3 blocks away, there's probobly 33% vacant buildings.

I lived there since 1975.
You live in Jersey? Wow I didn't know that was LOL LaLa Land!! ROTFL