Old-Fashioned Cornbread Dressing or Chicken & Dressing

Meme4251

You hit the nail on the head Chow with the hard boiled egg in the gravy. Just remembered that when I saw your posting. Cannot leave that out plus plenty of seasoning to the gravy. Already waiting for the first cool front down here.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Give it a whirl and show us a pic :)
cats5.gif

You better cut the recipe in half, or you'll be eating dressing for eons!

chowhound

Give it a whirl and show us a pic :)
cats5.gif

You better cut the recipe in half, or you'll be eating dressing for eons!

It's already in the first stages of planning, Cooksie. :smile:
I was thinking this week if I make it into the store to buy either a roasting chicken or a container of giblets, in which case I would simply thaw some thighs from the freezer.

Meme4251

Cooksie, I boiled and simmered an old hen last week thinking on Tues. to debone and put up the broth in containers in the freezer to save for some later creamy chicken spagetti, homemade noodles, chicken & dressing casseroles, etc. but have not had the time to debone the chicken much less put the broth into individual containers to be put in the freezer for later use. My question is, how long can it sit in a very cool fridge and not got bad before going bad? Hopefully I can get to doing this tomorrow a.m. because it sure did turn out to be a really tasty old seasoned broth. Hate to chunck it out but def do not want to take a chance of it being bad.

Welcoming any ideas also from forum friends....Thank you kindly....sh/Meme

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I'd go for it, Meme. I certainly WOULD get to it today, though, and eat or freeze the chicken today.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie, I boiled and simmered an old hen last week thinking on Tues. to debone and put up the broth in containers in the freezer to save for some later creamy chicken spagetti, homemade noodles, chicken & dressing casseroles, etc. but have not had the time to debone the chicken much less put the broth into individual containers to be put in the freezer for later use. My question is, how long can it sit in a very cool fridge and not got bad before going bad? Hopefully I can get to doing this tomorrow a.m. because it sure did turn out to be a really tasty old seasoned broth. Hate to chunck it out but def do not want to take a chance of it being bad.

Welcoming any ideas also from forum friends....Thank you kindly....sh/Meme

I don't know about that. I'm known for throwing things out that are iffy.