Woo-Hoo! Look what I got today!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What a great day to check the mail! Look what came in today!!

BAM! No, not something from Emeril, but a sample of BAM’s Tropical Fire Hot Sauce!!! Here are the pics. The review will be in the second post.

Step1-30.jpg

Step2-25.jpg

Step3-21.jpg

Step4-15.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
The first thing you notice is the wonderful color and thickness of the sauce. When you open the jar, you are immediately hit with its smokey aroma. Although, it smells like Liquid Smoke? But, it smells great, and doesn’t smell hot at all.

Then the tasting.

First you get the creamy and smooth impression of its texture. Then you get the slight tang of its citrus kiss. Then oddly enough, a bit of saltiness. Following the complex and briny salt flavor is the dark smokiness. Rounding this wonderfully complex mix of flavors is ARM-A-F***ING-GEDDON!

KeeRist! DW said something, probably because of the look on my face, but my ears were ringing and I couldn’t understand her!

What a damn kick!

Kick, who am I kidding. A kick is a quick hit. This fire sauce wraps your tongue in an unforgiving embrace that causes the mind to reel as it searches for the easiest and fastest recalled religious prayer for mercy.

Oh sweet mother……can I have some more!!!!!!!

Yes, it is hot. Damn hot. And it is addictive! Oddly enough, the second tasting isn’t nearly as bad. The third tasting starts to get mild and you can concentrate more on the flavors of citrus and smoke intermingled in complex harmony.

I imagine the 2nd and 3rd tasting are milder because the majority of my taste buds had either died or passed out from the heat! :lol:

Just kidding Bam. It’s a great sauce, and its damn hot! Addictively hot!

Did you use Liquid Smoke? Also, what’s up with the salt? It does come through a bit, but I didn’t mix it well and instead just took a few bites without stirring it up. To me, as I wrote, the flavor comes in a wave of pleasing smooth texture, citrus, salt, smoke, and WTF!

The flavor is wonderful, and even though the salt comes through, I see this as an advantage since I plan on using this for cooking. I’m imagining some dirty rice utilizing this, and perhaps a hamburger with it mixed into the meat before cooking (like a cheese stuffed burger, but this will be a Bam Sauce stuffed burger). Maybe Jambalaya, shrimp or pork stir fry, even dilute with some wine as a marinade for wings or fish. So many possibilities…..and such a small jar!!! :yum:

Great stuff Bam. I’m loving it! Good job!!! :thumb:

I may hate you in the morning, but you’re my hero right now! :yum: :yum: :yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Good review Keltin! Bam...it sounds like you might just have a winner there!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I was going to put this in the funny pictures thread, but it seems much more appropriate right here.

:D

Attachments

• motivator7623229.jpg
    motivator7623229.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 218

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Stacy, but I don't get what Keltin or Lee are talking about.
Did I do something wrong? :(

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I don't know if this or the #1 was the one I got but all I got was two tastes out of it. My wife the fire eater took a spoon and ate the whole jar in about a day. :mrgreen:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
No hon, he's scared about what that hot stuff is gonna do to his BUTT!!!!:yum::yum::yum:

God, I am such an idiot at times when I read things that are posted.

Keltin, you can refer to me as Ditz Muffin when these things occur, mmmmmkk?:yum:
Me <~Idjut! :ohmy::blush:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
God, I am such an idiot at times when I read things that are posted.

Keltin, you can refer to me as Ditz Muffin when these things occur, mmmmmkk?:yum:
Me <~Idjut! :ohmy::blush:
:yum::yum: that's okay, I have blonde moments ALL the time!!!:yum: I was born with it, I think it's still in the roots!!:wink:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Hey, it's all good. I'm feeling pretty blonde myself after that fire sauce!!! Huh.....di'ja say sum'pin??? :yum:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
GREAT review Keltin.
I got mine today also (Thanks Bams!!!!) but I had a meeting tonight at the boat club so I didn't get to test it out. I'll try tomorrow night, but will not even try to compete with Keltins review. :D

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I don't know if this or the #1 was the one I got but all I got was two tastes out of it. My wife the fire eater took a spoon and ate the whole jar in about a day. :mrgreen:

he got #2 Joe...lol

it is a weeeee bit hotter well maybe alot bit hotter because i used habaneros instead of scotch bonnets.:whistling:

to taste a true flavor of hot sauce i would recommend trying it 2 ways. on a plain piece of chicken breast or on a mild piece of cheese. i find with this sauce that it picks up the saltiness of other foods.

thank you very much for the rave review Keltin.:blush::blush:

some answers:
no smoke added(ICK liquid smoke..lol), you are getting the slight smokey flavor from the roasted garlic.

stir or shake that sauce again before you try again

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
GREAT review Keltin.
I got mine today also (Thanks Bams!!!!) but I had a meeting tonight at the boat club so I didn't get to test it out. I'll try tomorrow night, but will not even try to compete with Keltins review. :D

Oh come on Doc, eat it tonight, take a bite, take a few bites, just a few bites on chips, just some bites, and few bites.

Come on, I don’t want to be the ONLY one going through this tomorrow!!! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
gotta fire extinguisher??:whistling:

Just to clarify my earlier response in case I'm having a pepper moment – a fire extinguisher for me and pepper means something to cut the capsaicin oil from my tongue. There are two things that do this well……Milk and Alcohol.

I’m all outta milk!!! :yum:

chowhound

Just to clarify my earlier response in case I'm having a pepper moment – a fire extinguisher for me and pepper means something to cut the capsaicin oil from my tongue. There are two things that do this well……Milk and Alcohol.

I’m all outta milk!!! :yum:

Actually, hard candy works better. Try it! :a1: