SOS Need an adapter

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I need an adapter that has an Ethernet plug (male) on one end and a telephone jack (female) on the other end. I want to send faxes from my computer using the fax program that came on my computer.

It is so silly that they took the ability to plug a telephone line into a computer tower away but have the program to send faxes on the computer. I used to use the program (I think it was called phone tools or something like that. It may be called fax services now. I'm not sure of the name but it's there) all the time but then my computer died and the newer version of windows didn't have the fax program any more. When I got my new computer with a new version of windows the capability to fax was back BUT the telephone jack on the tower is gone!!
Can someone please tell me what this adapter is called and where I can purchase it. I'm thinking Radio Shack? Or Amazon or ...
Thanks in advance.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
not sure you will find that configuration, and even less sure if you find it that it will "work" because . . .

a computer fax program will be looking for an outgoing phone jack - not a Ethernet plug....except for the new&improved programs that - if you are using a LAN will connect via a telephone jack on the LAN router. for example my wireless router has one Ethernet for internet IN (from cable modem) several Ethernet port for OUT, one I use for the desktop and one goes to the printer, and a telephone jack.

used eFax for a long time. it was totally free for limited use (x pages in/out per month) but I think they have no option but a monthly fee now.

for just the oddball fax:
http://www.faxcompare.com/payperfax

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Probably your best solution is an USB Modem.

The telephone jack is missing, because there is no modem. You could get and add a modem card, but, it's a pain in the butt. The USB modem would plug into one of your USB ports and the phone line into the Modem. Google "USB Modem" for a bunch of choices.

Probably a better solution would be something like efax which is at www.efax.com. Then you do not need a modem at all and the inbound fax's come into your e-Mail.

There cheaper programs like efax Google "electronic fax from PCelectronic fax from PC" some offerings claim to be free.

Andy