Please post your great recipes in their own threads!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So many wonderful recipes and photos that are posted in the "What's for Dinner?" and "What are You Baking?" threads are getting lost in there. They don't come up on a title or tag search when someone is looking for a dish or an ingredient.

It would really help if folks would please start separate threads when posting recipes and techniques.

Thanks, all! :thankyou:

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's a good idea Lee.
Can't tell you how many times I've searched over the dinner threads to find something I've made before.
Still can't find the bacon egg cups or eggs in purgatory.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
....No, that's not the one.

oooooh. mah haid hurts. so many cooking forums gone electrons up . . . can't keep all/much of any of it straight no more.....

cooking.com says something new coming for 2017. it's not the same (bankrupt) catalog store/sponsor - or is it? - mebbe? - whatever . . .

cheftalk.com is having their annual "we're really not that bad bashing" - the concept is flawed, the admin/owner refuses to see that and continues to moan about how hard it is for the 4-5-6(?) moderators to read 4-10 new messages per day. seriously? what part of the corn starch thing did I miss?

sigh. Doc - we need more exposure! cooking is fun!

the "as administered by those other guys" getting your ass toasted by stupid moderators/admins/new member 'experts' does not make for fun.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
[[[putting this here as there may be some confusion over my ? poor phrasing / words..... I never screw that bit up except for most of the time . . . ]]]

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's not mods/etc here.
"here" is a proven last bastion of polite cookers. can we talk? well, here we can. other cooking sites permit the most outrageous idiots to shred normal cooks post from post with no issues. and other places have "professional cooker" staff that don't have a flipping clue about some of the most basic topics but should a mere mortal cook disagree with totally incorrect information posted by the staff and/or new member idiots, that mortal is sliced/diced/talked-to/banned.

working from memory here:
ChefTalk (paraphrased):
Mod1: yeh yeah yeh - ban that sucker!
Mod2: should I really?
is this the open public / published behavior one expects from "staff'?

discusscooking.com has the same issue. they hold specific members and staff as absolute gods. DO NOT contradict their (usually proven wrong) opinions on pain of banishment.

it is not confined to cooking. I attempted to provide some help tips to one poster and was thoroughly bashed by a 9,000+ one line zinger posts member of being a troll/spammer. right. hundreds off posts makes a troll/spammer who posted no links, only ideas of 'problem solution.'

the on line world has become a 'wild west' of newbies and ueber-inflated-ego-staff.
there is but one answer: dump the losers and allow the rest of us normal people to go on.

oh.
</rant off>

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you for the kind words, Chowderman!

Many of us were unfairly banned en masse from DiscussCooking years ago, and came here to seek refuge.

We've found a lovely home here!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Lee

Johnny West

I am a member there, thought they were a little full of themselves, and don't go there anymore. Several times folks said stuff to me like I didn't know what I was talking about. Several were quite nice, though.

With that said, I appreciate recipe threads in their proper area. I got a bread pudding recipe from a guy at another forum, didn't save it, and now can't find it at that forum. It was the best, too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I am a member there, thought they were a little full of themselves, and don't go there anymore. Several times folks said stuff to me like I didn't know what I was talking about. Several were quite nice, though.

With that said, I appreciate recipe threads in their proper area. I got a bread pudding recipe from a guy at another forum, didn't save it, and now can't find it at that forum. It was the best, too.

I look in there from time to time for the entertainment value. lol
Years ago they banned me as well simply because I mentioned this forum in an intro thread.

I have posted my own recipes in their own thread.
Thing is I don't come up with anything that jazzy or worth sharing these days, plus.. I don't cook as much as I used to.

We're a small forum, we aren't cliquey.. that's why I keep coming back.