New KA Glass Mixer Work Bowl Now an Accessory For Existiing KA Stand Mixers!

Shermie

Site Supporter
For those of you who would like to get the K'Aid glass work bowl for your existing K'Aid tilt-head Stand Mixer (I'd like one as well), you can now do so!

it is now availible at Chefscatalog.com. I just saw it there. And it also even comes with it's own tight-sealing lid as well!

it will fit the K-45, KA-45 Plus series, KSM-90 and the Artisan Series machines as well. Price is $69.00. :chef:

Attachments

• K'Aid Glass Mixer Bowl..jpg
    K'Aid Glass Mixer Bowl..jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I guess if you make a lot of batters it would be very useful with the pour spout. I could have used that this morning when I made waffle batter for the kids in the KA, and had to ladle the batter onto the iron. I could have just poured it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I guess if you make a lot of batters it would be very useful with the pour spout. I could have used that this morning when I made waffle batter for the kids in the KA, and had to ladle the batter onto the iron. I could have just poured it.

It would be great to have, but sadly, it will only fit your tilt-head model.

I realise that Santa gave you a newer model for Christmas and that you're quite happy with it, but the glass bowl can only be used with the tilt-head models. :neutral:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Other than the pour spout, what do you see as an advantage over the SS bowl?

I have a small kitchen and any additions need to justify themselves.

Shermie

Site Supporter
1. Well, it DOES have measurement markings, which the stainless steel work bowls don't have.

2. You can very easily see when the dough or batter is blended and mixed properly.

3. It DOES serve as an extra work bowl for those times when you are doing recipes that might require the use of two work bowls.

4. You can also use it off the machine for mixing things by hand.

5. Last but not least, it comes with it's own tight-sealing lid for spill-proof storage in the fridge.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
side swipe better than beater blade because it allows chips and nuts to go through the holes and not mash them.

KA-sideswipe.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
I add the raisins, nuts or choc chips after the dough is made, then I stir the stuff in by hand.

You'd do the same thing if you were making a fruit cake.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I add the raisins, nuts or choc chips after the dough is made, then I stir the stuff in by hand.

You'd do the same thing if you were making a fruit cake.
i don't make fruit cake and with arthritis and bursitis its hard to mix heavy cookie dough by hand.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, the same thing hear, accept I get terrible pain in my left shoulder, and since I'm a lefty, that is hard to do. But if I go slow with the mixing, it's not so bad.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Not sure about THAT particular brand, but the Beater Blade is availible for the 6-qt KA models.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If adding chocolate chips for example after the cookie dough is done simply use the blade that came with the stand mixer for adding this. It has a gap so mixing nuts etc should be about the same I would think.

Shermie

Site Supporter
How did we get from the glass work bowl to one of those beaters anyway?

There are already 2 threads covering this accessory.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
LOL - discussions tend to wander here, Sherman. They are often more like conversations at the kitchen table. It's why I like it here so much!