Internet

Dear Abby

Your Pet

Clergy

Other

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm voting family.

i used to talk to my parents about everything, but at the ages of 82 and 86, i leave out the stuff now that would make them upset.

my eldest sister and brother have been very helpful throughout my life as well.

my friend pork chop would be my other "go to" for advice. i miss talking to ozzy.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife is about it for me. What ever she say in this regard, I know to do the exact opposite and it will turn out right.

All joking aside my wife is probably the one I trust the most on real advise.

Deelady

deinately my husband! It use to be my bestfriend or sister but time and growing up/apart has changed that unfortunately...I started to realize it wasn't always MY best interest they had in mind for solutions :(

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
This is a really good question, Lefty. I voted friend, but really, I almost never ask for advice. I just realized it when I read your poll. I guess it's because I would feel obligated to follow their advice if I asked for it.

lilylove

Hubby for sure but sometimes also my son. Sometimes David has a way of saying things that makes me really think about the problem in a different way... and that really helps. I'm very it's either black or white...good or bad... David can see things in shades of gray. :)

It depends on the "advice" I am seeking. Usually it will be Pro - i.e. finances, real estate, legal matters, etc. I go with my gut, & life experiences.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
....really, I almost never ask for advice. I just realized it when I read your poll.

LOL, Terry!

I read this question this morning and didn't know how to answer it, mostly because it depends on the question.

If it's professional, I ask the appropriate professional or tradesperson. If it's social, I rarely ask for advice, because I'm the most level-headed of my friends (truly), and my family is way too biased in my favor. Or, maybe I'm just too opinionated and always think I'm right, LOL!

I voted for "internet", since that's where I seek advice on products and services (Consumer's Report, Trip Advisor, Epinions, NetCookingTalk).

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Uh oh, I was thinking too narrowly. I was thinking of advice as something social - ie: what should I do about this or that.

But I ask everyone and scour the internet about what I call information. Stuff like: Why is that little gauge coming on in my car?, How can I fix a refrigerator?, How do I fix my dripping faucet?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I consider my ex to be family, as much as Lou...and my kids. Wish this one had multiple options.

I try not to have to ask advice. If you don't take it, people tend to feel like they wasted their breath. If you take it and it's wrong, that's a whole other kettle of fish. If I do ask, it's because I'm really in need of it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
For some reason I have become the "Shell Answer Man" for all 3 kids and DW. Like some others, I rarely ask for advice from anyone, but go with my gut on most matters. This way, if things don't work out, I only have one person to look to. I don't see this as arrogance, but more like independence. I have been on my own since 19, so I have developed a lot of self reliance.